cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GOING RV show

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
It amuses me to watch this show. I have yet to see anyone question construction or quality. Do people really shop like this? Makes me wonder why some of these folks camp. They seem to want the house to come with them. Outdoor televisions & stereo. Bet the neighbors love that. An amazing show
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)
34 REPLIES 34

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
mat60 wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
OH! Then there was the episode where the family wanted a larger RV only so they could be โ€œthe envy of the campground!โ€ really? I thought people bought new RVโ€™s because they wanted something newer and better?
.. They let everyone no how shallow they are on that one..:D Sometimes the show is on all day but I can only take a hour or two at a time.

I agree, sometimes itโ€™s jus too much!

My new favorite show is buying Alaska and the show where they buy a house in the mountains! Or log cabin hunt, something like that.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
OH! Then there was the episode where the family wanted a larger RV only so they could be โ€œthe envy of the campground!โ€ really? I thought people bought new RVโ€™s because they wanted something newer and better?
.. They let everyone no how shallow they are on that one..:D Sometimes the show is on all day but I can only take a hour or two at a time.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

tartan_camper
Explorer
Explorer
The "buyers" all have to try to be comedians - drives me nuts! But I do like to see the RVs. Some of the Class A's are really beautiful, although nothing I could or would afford.
Backpack to fiver...and everything in between. What a life!
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax, Allison 6-speed
18k Superglide

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
We tune in occasionally too. I just like looking at the units, kinda like going to an RV show but at home. The comments can be amusing, yes, I am sure the producers tell them exactly what to say and what to look at and everything. Some pretty dumb questions but remember its directed at new would be owners so they have to dumb it down.

I was at a show once and was looking at the suspension and tires and things that matter and have only had ONE salesman say to me that I looked like an experienced RVer. I asked questions that he at times was stummped about like on weights and acceptable tow vehicles. Newbies are really at the mercy of sales people and shows like this do not help in giving out the important information. That would just be boring now wouldn't it.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Oasisbob wrote:
It amuses me to watch this show. I have yet to see anyone question construction or quality. Do people really shop like this? Makes me wonder why some of these folks camp. They seem to want the house to come with them. Outdoor televisions & stereo. Bet the neighbors love that. An amazing show

You are easily "amused" but have the title wrong!

It's the GONG (RV) show...:S

.....guess maybe there's still a soap opera or two??

~

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
lazydays wrote:
I like the show. I like seeing the different campers by different manufacturers. I record all the new ones and watch them when I get the time. I understand what the show is and fast forward through the scenes I don't like. Not many shows about RV's so I'm not going to complain.

Exactly! I`ll take what I can get.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

lazydays
Explorer
Explorer
I like the show. I like seeing the different campers by different manufacturers. I record all the new ones and watch them when I get the time. I understand what the show is and fast forward through the scenes I don't like. Not many shows about RV's so I'm not going to complain.
Very Patient Wife
Two Boys & a Girl
2013 Keystone Avalanche 345TG
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L

billyboy
Explorer
Explorer
All I can say is,,--** OH Wow ****
09 winny adventurer 32h 33 ft towing 015 focus

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:

But yeah these shows aren't really reality. The "buyer" has already bought the unit, and then they circle back around and look at 2 others that the dealer happens to have sitting on the lot to "compare".

House Hunters on HGTV works the same, they've already purchased the actual home, then when it comes time to film, the realtor finds two other properties that sort of fit their criteria. I used to be a realtor and one of my listings was used for a "no" house. It was new construction so it was ideal for filming since it was vacant and they provide like a 12 hour "window" of when they might be by to film that day, so not ideal for people who actually live in the house. That's why you see a lot of vacant homes on House Hunters. Plus, they only called with about 2 days notice and required the owner to sign some waivers and stuff, so again, a vacant new construction house was ideal since there was no personal possessions to mess up.

this is TRUE! we were staying at a house that got selected for the Island Hunters show.
the DW was able to hang around during the filming and the director and the couple told her the same thing. the couple had already purchased the house but acted like they hadn't.
none the houses were new but the show contacted a local real estate office who chose the couple and then found 2 other similar properties for sale, ours being one of them.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
The show is a joke. People who have never camped a day in their lives buying $150K 5ers as a first RV? Gimme a break. It's nothing but an infomercial for RVs, and just about as informative.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
steveh27 wrote:
I sent them an email complaining that they have never had a show on Class B's.

I saw one episode where a guy bought a Class B. He looked at each Class (A, B, C) and decided on the B.

But yeah these shows aren't really reality. The "buyer" has already bought the unit, and then they circle back around and look at 2 others that the dealer happens to have sitting on the lot to "compare".

House Hunters on HGTV works the same, they've already purchased the actual home, then when it comes time to film, the realtor finds two other properties that sort of fit their criteria. I used to be a realtor and one of my listings was used for a "no" house. It was new construction so it was ideal for filming since it was vacant and they provide like a 12 hour "window" of when they might be by to film that day, so not ideal for people who actually live in the house. That's why you see a lot of vacant homes on House Hunters. Plus, they only called with about 2 days notice and required the owner to sign some waivers and stuff, so again, a vacant new construction house was ideal since there was no personal possessions to mess up.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
steveh27 wrote:

Actually they did. There was a father and son looking for a small RV and settled on a Chevy B. And there was the older โ€œeverything is niceโ€ couple that bought a B+.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer