cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pump trouble

Sunchaser_59
Explorer
Explorer
Water pump has gone away on the RV. It is a 5.7 smartsensor 5900-0211. It has been discontinued I guess from what I am seeing. The replacement is a 4048-153-E75 that is only rated at 4gpm. Seems like a big drop in performance. Anybody out there have any experience with this model?
11 REPLIES 11

Sunchaser_59
Explorer
Explorer
Installed the Aqua Jet 55 variable speed on demand. Works great and it the quietest pump I have ever not heard! Thanks to all for your input on the generator. Wound up the 20 amp additional breaker was not connected in the box behind the panel. No idea why but it appears to have been wire nut capped and tie wrapped to the loop behind the panel. I connected the leads and all is good. Cold as if was plugged in to shore power.

Sunchaser_59
Explorer
Explorer
I have ordered the Aqua Jet 55 variable speed pump. I will report later if I have made a good choice????. Now if I could just find an A/C condenser for under a grand I would be all set. Tried turning the 20 amp switch in addition to the 30 amp. Made no difference and still only pulls 17 amps and barely cools. Had generator checked out and it is putting out what is supposed to. I give up!

SpurHntr
Explorer
Explorer
sorry, misread your post.

deleted my post
'08 Newmar Kountry Star 3916, 400ISL Cummins
'17 F250 Diesel Platty SRW Crew 6.75' bed
'17 JKU Rubicon Recon, LoD flat towable Destroyer bumper.
Blue Ox, BB, PP TPMS, Ranger EV

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Sadly, I don't think your going to find the 5.7 anywhere (just looked).
The Shure Flow 4008 is about as close as you can get and it's a pretty good pump. That's what I would replace it with.

I have one of the last 5.7's and it's a fabulous pump. Unfortunately they were horribly unreliable. I think I got the only good one they ever built! (But I keep a 4048 as a backup).

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Extreme 5.7

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Sunchaser_59
Explorer
Explorer
That is correct, the smart sensor pumps are variable drive and work of a pressure demand sensor.

Sunchaser_59
Explorer
Explorer
The replacement link is the one I need but was told by the company they needed to update their website and it was no longer available.

Sunchaser_59
Explorer
Explorer
I would love to replace it with a later model replacement but they donโ€™t make that size anymore. I like having plenty of volume and pressure but am not sure that dropping down in delivery per min wil be adequate. The other problem is that the 5.7 is fitted with o-ring quick disconnect fittings which is desirable. Not available on the replacement model which means new fittings and such.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
The smart sensor pumps are variable drive so it only pumps the amount of water called for by faucets, washing machines or other devices.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
But if you only need 3 gpm the 4 gpm will work just fine. Too high a capacity pump can cause trouble with the pump turning on and off too frequently with low demand. Unless you are watering the lawn the 5.7 is too large IMHO.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Why not replace with a later model of same pump?Replacement

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow