cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

went over sidewalk now rv wont start

maxtcee
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 Fleetwood bounder 35k I went over a a large bump coming into campground parked rv for 2 days and now wont start seems like theres a fuel problem. does anyone know where the fuel safety switch is on this
15 REPLIES 15

Larry-D
Explorer
Explorer
Check the battery connections, maybe the jolt of the sidewalk was just enough to move them.

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
If there is pressure it will got a few feet before it shuts down look for the switch.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
So some time has passed. Are you still sitting or did you get it fixed and not showing courtesy to let these good folks know the outcome. I hate it when you join, suck up info and disappear. It is so insulting..

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Back up the same speed you went into it
Dennis Hoppert

taviking22
Explorer
Explorer
What about the brake switch? Do you need to depress the brake pedal in order to start your RV?

Hitting a large bump could have knocked the brake switch out of alignment with the brake pedal stem or some other issue with the brake switch.
taviking22
Omaha, NE

'06 2500HD Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ, Firestone air bags
2008 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
2012 Jayco Pinnacle 31RLTS

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
The safety switch disconnects power to the fuel pump and will normally stop the engine immediately, as in 1 or 2 seconds. If it did activate when you went over the sidewalk you would not have been able to drive five feet with the engine running.

Although rare, as in go buy a Lottery Ticket, the switch could activate for no reason that you can associate with. The switch is mounted on the firewall down by your left foot to the right of the parking brake. The reset button is on top of the switch and is red so it should catch your eye a bit faster when extended and in the in shut down position. Just push it down. It should latch down. Next turn the ignition key to run position but don't try and start the engine just yet. Give the fuel pump a few seconds to pressurizer then try to start.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe your chassis battery is down. Press the Emergency Start button and turn the key. This procedure uses all of your batteries to get the motor going. It also works to fire up the generator when the house batteries are down.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I read a lot of threads (this one included) for the knowledge I gain from reading (Thank you folks).

This one makes me glad that Workhorse uses the GM fuel system. not Ford's.. I've driven Ford Cars over a pot hole and thankfully.. I knew where the button was.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
On my 95 it was located on the passenger side, about 3/4 of the length up the passengers right leg on the plastic to the right. Look for an indentation on the plastic and put your finger over or around that to reset it.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Won't start as in cranks but won't start or doesn't crank?
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
maxtcee wrote:
MountainAir05 wrote:
On ours it was located under the dash, Near the parking brake . Been a very long time since it got reset, just don't remember . It was call inertia switch.

What year is yours

A 99 but as Rgatijnet1 stated it dies right then. Can you feel/hear the pump running. The builder of your coach mounts it where they want and the amount of free cable they have. On most Ford vehicles it is mount in the passenger foot rest panel.

maxtcee
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:
On ours it was located under the dash, Near the parking brake . Been a very long time since it got reset, just don't remember . It was call inertia switch.

What year is yours

maxtcee
Explorer
Explorer
We only drove it from the entrance of the campsite to the parking spot which was roughly about 500 ft it was parked all weekend long till this morning we were leaving and it wouldn't start

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Usually when the safety switch trips, the engine shuts down almost immediately. If you were able to drive for any great distance, and get situated in a parking spot, I doubt if that is your problem.