Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Something bad is happening with my slide alignment

davehultin
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there,

We have a Shadow Cruiser 282BHS (with two slides). When we prepared to leave for our last camping trip, something bad started to happen with the larger slide. (Not the slide with the galley, but the slide with the dinette and couch.) I rolled the slide in and as it finished coming in some wood that appears to be part of the support of one of the dinette seats broke through the wallpaper. YIKES! There was really nothing I could do, and we were getting ready to leave, so I drove off. (We were spending the weekend at a family lake place about 45 minutes away, so it's not a long drive.)

After we got there, I was preparing to turn the dinette into a bed and found that I couldn't fit the tabletop on the space between the dinette seats because the horizontal support had come loose and moved in on the side near the wall. I took a hammer and was able to pound it in back where it came from so I could use the table as a bed, but if I don't figure out what's going on with the slide, it's only going to happen again of course.

My father-in-law and brother-in-law say the slide mechanism needs lubrication because it's dragging and may be pulling in unevenly. That might be true, but I'm not sure it's the whole problem. I suspect there's some top-to-bottom alignment issues as well as some side-to-side alignment issues.

I'm going to call our local RV dealer to have them take a look, but I suspect they're not going to be able to look at it for at least a week. In the meantime, I ask you on the forum: WHAT CAN I DO? WHERE SHOULD I START?

(P.S. - Our driveway slants just a few turns of the crank short of level. It's not completely live, but very close. To the best of my knowledge, I've always extended when it's in this near-level position, although I can't speak for my wife's actions. ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Dave Hultin
----------
2019 Ford Expedition Max, 2018 Gulfstream Cabin Cruiser 28BBS
1 REPLY 1

davehultin
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, this post is continuing here:

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29720895/gotomsg/29721289/

Dave Hultin
----------
2019 Ford Expedition Max, 2018 Gulfstream Cabin Cruiser 28BBS