cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturer Visit

KO
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Fleetwood Bounder diesel. I will be traveling home from Minneapolis MN to Tampa, FL. I so would like to stop and visit the Fleetwood factory but not sure on specifics- like were exactly they are located, do the have tours, and reservations required?

Any help?
8 REPLIES 8

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Guess I'm lucky in one respect, I live with commuting distance (70) miles of the Forest River Palomino Factory in Colon, Michigan and I not only own one, I've gotten to know the plant manager pretty well so I just 'drop in' when I need something. Very nice folks and I basically have the run of the place (with proper PPE) of course. Last trip I needed some moulding, no problem, how long a piece do you want, it's over there on that rack, take a piece...

When this one gets retired, If it ever does, I'll be buying another and I'll get it delivered to my house as well, I happen to know a couple of their transport drivers too. Used to work with them at the same company.

Are you a magician?
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Guess I'm lucky in one respect, I live with commuting distance (70) miles of the Forest River Palomino Factory in Colon, Michigan and I not only own one, I've gotten to know the plant manager pretty well so I just 'drop in' when I need something. Very nice folks and I basically have the run of the place (with proper PPE) of course. Last trip I needed some moulding, no problem, how long a piece do you want, it's over there on that rack, take a piece...

When this one gets retired, If it ever does, I'll be buying another and I'll get it delivered to my house as well, I happen to know a couple of their transport drivers too. Used to work with them at the same company.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
We toured the factory this morning. Tours are conducted Monday through Friday at 9:00am. Unless you have a large group of people, you don't need reservations. The tour takes about 3 hours total. The plant is located on the east side of Decatur on Highway 224. You get to see the whole operation from incoming chassis to the final painting. It was very interesting and well worth the stop.
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood’s website doesn’t discusss visiting? I’m surprised you couldn’t find it.

https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/rv-factory-tours
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Plant location
1031 US-224
Decatur, IN 46733

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I checked the Fleetwood website to find out where exactly they are located.

It has a link to get directions but, it just opens Google Maps. No address is given. Maybe it's my Kindle?

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Check their website for contact information and send them an email.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS