Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gifford Pinchot National Forest - Day 3

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
VIDEO TR: Gifford Pinchot National Forest - Day 3

I got situated in my campsite, then my friend arrived to start the weekend with hiking and fishing planned. Our campsite had several very persuasive chipmunks we fed and got a laugh watching them scurry about doing their business. The camp host came by and told us we could move to a better site than the one we had. Leveling the TC created a 4 foot climb up to the TC door. The new spot was nice and level, no pole vaulting required to get into the TC.

Enjoy!
9 REPLIES 9

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
JimK-NY wrote:
Yes thermal waters enter the Lamar River. Anyway it is a great time to visit. Temps are just right and the animals are becoming active as Fall arrives. I don't mean to downplay chipmunks but.....

If you value your wire harness, you'll leave some nuts under the picnic table...

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes thermal waters enter the Lamar River. Anyway it is a great time to visit. Temps are just right and the animals are becoming active as Fall arrives. I don't mean to downplay chipmunks but.....

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
JimK-NY wrote:
Yawn! I spent the day in Yellowstone, mostly the Lamar Valley. Wildlife consisted of hundreds of bison, several antelope, one Griz crossing the road, Ravens, herds of Elk and more.... I can see chikmunks in my backyard.

Been years since I've been to Yellowstone NP. Lamar Valley, Doesn't the river have a section in it where hot springs mix with and heat the river water to a decent temperature. From satellite view, you can see herds of animals grazing in the ancient meandering river channels. Enjoy your time there.
PS: I wouldn't underestimate the abilities of a chipmunk!

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
mbloof wrote:
One of my favorites is the Morrison Creek CG on the South side of Mt Adams.

Morrison Creek CG looks to be burnt down all around it in satellite view. New growth has it's beauty.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yawn! I spent the day in Yellowstone, mostly the Lamar Valley. Wildlife consisted of hundreds of bison, several antelope, one Griz crossing the road, Ravens, herds of Elk and more.... I can see chikmunks in my backyard.

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a great CG, have to put it on out list.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
One of my favorites is the Morrison Creek CG on the South side of Mt Adams.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
ScottG wrote:
Looks like a super nice CG and site. Unfortunately it's just a little far (and south, we never go S.) for our weekend trips.

It's 4 to 8 hours depending on traffic from Seattle. The drive is rewarding itself. Make a reservation or get there midweek.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Looks like a super nice CG and site. Unfortunately it's just a little far (and south, we never go S.) for our weekend trips.