cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vermont or New Hampshire State Parks

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
Looking no for Vermont or New Hampshire State Parks for dry camping that someone could recommend for next week. Someplace impressive. Any ideas.
Thanks Dennis
9 REPLIES 9

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the great info. My wife loved the way Franconia notch looked but it was all booked. Maybe we we will go to letchworth they have openings as of today.
Thanks everyone is always so helpful

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
It's a good thing for the Vermont state parks that you're looking for dry camping, since that's all they offer. (I'm afraid I'm not so much up on New Hampshire state parks, but there are certainly some lovely areas there.)

I'm not sure what makes a park impressive to you, but I might consider Ascutney SP. The campground (at the base of the mountain) is rather typical, with well-separated sites in the woods. If you hike or drive to the summit of the mountain, though, there's quite a little network of trails with some impressive views in all directions, including a 360 degree view from an observation tower.

The various campgrounds around Groton State Forest also have access to a nice network of trails through the woods, rather more level hiking, and one or two peaks with some views. It's a pleasant wilderness area.

Queechee state park has the gorge there, not the largest gorge around but a decent one. It's also close to the VINS raptor center.

I know you didn't ask about them, but upstate New York has some truly spectacular state parks, such as Watkins Glen and Letchworth.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
This should help for New Hampshire: https://www.nhstateparks.org/

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Look up Winhall Brook...South Londonderry VT.

Its ACOE.

X2

Has a lazy river that you can go smimming, we bring beach chairs, innertubes. Picture something out of a Norman Rockwell painting!

Scenic rail trail & moderate hiking at the campground, kayaking near by! :C

https://www.recreation.gov

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look up Winhall Brook...South Londonderry VT.

Its ACOE.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from Truck Campers
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
Dry camping with a fifth wheel would mostly be in White Mountain national Forest in NH . There are several , check their web site . Russel Pond , Waterville Valley , Franconia Notch , Lincoln Woods , are some .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer
Grand Isle State Park in Vermont. Nice sites on Lake Champlain
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XLโ€™s.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Hampton Beach State park, New Hampshire. Great RV camping, right on the beach. They have many sites with full hook ups, boondocking sites as well.
2010 Suncruiser