cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quick disconnect?

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone use one for their city water hookup on the RV?
Proud father of a US Marine
10 REPLIES 10

Jackfate
Explorer
Explorer
Used them in the past ( brass ones) no longer, to hard to couple. My tt connections are not easy to access . I use 45 degree on tt to make access easier. I also donโ€™t care for the reduction in flow that quick connections cause .

To each their own

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Ours:

Click For Full-Size Image.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use a QD on both ends of my Fresh hose. When I unhook I screw the inlet plug into the part that goes on the park faucet when we hook up. WHY.

Turns out getting the QD on the park faucet is so so so much easier than hooking up the hose direct. .Amazing how much easier it is.

NOW the complaint.. Several of the QD's I have used (And still use) leak a bit, the ones I use now are good solid BRASS.. but I solved that issue too.

I tank up and turn off the park spigot.. Use the on-board. Till I need to tank up again. Good consistent pressure. No worry if park looses power (happened last visit) NO problems.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
suprz wrote:
Does anyone use one for their city water hookup on the RV?
we used to on the RV end. only reason we don't now is our water hose is permanently attached on the RV end. i still use the quick-connects on the hose and in use for cleaning the tanks. get the good brass connects, not the cheap plastic types
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Anytime itโ€™s available.
Short hose TT to filter, filter to regulator, long hose to Y on spigot.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
I usually use a brass 45 degree shut off at the inlet to the RV, and then working back toward the spigot, a short flex piece of house then the water filter, then on the spigot side a pressure regulator to connect to the spigot. I would like to put a quick disconnect on the rv, and on the 45 shut off... Not sure if it would handle the weight of the hose, etc
Proud father of a US Marine

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
I use high quality brass quick connects all over, with exception to the picket end of course. What you cannot see, is the spicket end is only 2 feet long which contains a regulator and filter. Then the long section (25, 50 or both) is then added in. My wife has now taken over water and electrical connections while I set level and the jacks.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
The connectors also let me quickly connect both ends of my rv hose together when not in use to keep critters out of the hose.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, on everything. I use a Y-connector at the water tap, then into a short flex hose. Quick disconnect, then hose to rv, another quick connect, into another shutoff valve. I have a water filter that is used occasionally, it has quick conects on both sides, allows me to put it between the water tap hose and the hose to the RV if needed. I only use the better quality brass connects, and always carry a spare set in the tools. Most have replaceable o-rings, but I have not had much success with those.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

gdweb
Explorer
Explorer
i use the quick connect on the inlet. makes it alot easier. leave it there and other end stays on hose. i also cover the end of it with an old boot from the distributor end of a spark plug wire when not in use. it's enclosed but the bugs n wasp can get in almost anything
SEMPER FI

Gary & Diane
Ky
2020 F250 King Ranch 6.7l FX4
2013 Sundance 3270res