cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

If you have stayed at Graceland's campground ...

Kentucky__Jo
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering if those who have camped there felt safe at the cg in the evening and during the night. We like the convenience, but want to be, and feel safe in that area.
10 REPLIES 10

Kentucky__Jo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the replies!

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
We were in Memphis this spring, when we went to Graceland we looked at the RV park right there. It looked fine to us, it's gated and looked "safe" to us.

I didn't realize there was a RV right there at Graceland. It was close to capacity the day we were there, we were staying at EZ Daze. We've stayed at EZ Daze on three occasions and would stay there again, very well run park. I would think it may be difficult to get into the RV right there at Graceland, it's easily "walkable" to Graceland/Museum.

Dan

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed there a couple years ago, it was fine, I wouldn't worry about it.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
X 2 for across the river. No doubt the CG across the street from Graceland is perfectly safe. I would think that as big an attraction that Graceland is city officials would be sure that the area is well patrolled.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there 3 years ago. It was fine, &. Dry convenient to Fraceland to walk over. There is a BBQ restaurant that will send a pink Cadillac to pick you up & return you. (The Cadillac needs to be replaced!). There is a shuttle to town from the hotel next door. We did notice the rough neighborhood on the street out front, but did not have any issues. I would say that we did not spend long at the grocery nearby & went in daylight.
We would stay there again for the convenience. The hookups all worked fine.

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there about 6 yrs ago, didn't have a problem, Of course we were there for a weekend on our way further south.
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
We felt safe and didn't see any improper behavior. We liked the convenience. We also went out to eat at one of the local BBQ restaurants.

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Yes!
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Highly recommend this park south of town

EZ Daze RV Park Southaven Mississippi
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Have been there years ago, and did not feel secure even then. I would stay at Tom Sawyer, over on the other side of the river. There are some others a bit further south of Memphis. Personally, I do not feel real secure anywhere in Memphis proper.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.