cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Laredo 225MK and Goodride ST225/75R15D's

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Today we bought a bumper pull to travel back and forth to Arizona and make side trips. It has Goodride ST225/75R15D tires and I am tempted to replace them with Goodyear Endurance tires on the way home from the dealer. The first trip will be 1600 in late Sept to Arizona. Someone posted on another forum that these are made by Westlake?

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021
7 REPLIES 7

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think I realized what was causing the fuel mileage difference. I believe the truck was in active regen on the way to the tire store. I had notice white steamy smoke from the tail pipe leaving the park. In three years and 50K miles this is the first time I was aware of a regen.

the mileage difference makes sense now. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
I changed out my Trailer Kings after 3000 miles when one developed a bulge in the sidewall. Glad I did. Trailer is much more stable with the Goodyear Endurance. My Laredo is 10K GVWR and I keep my tires at 80psi.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Me Again wrote:
Got the new Endurance LRE tires today and got a CL call within hours of posting.

Interesting thing, I looked at the instant mileage on the flats going to the tire store and again returning. Mileage was about 4 MPG better returning. I had not looked at tire pressure on the old tires, however dealer said they were at 65 PSI. Trying to decide what pressure to run in the new LRE tire. Going to call GY tomorrow. Around 7k on tires that can carry 11,320 pound at full inflation seems like to much over kill. Chris

Well this morning I talked to a CS rep at GY that needs to go back to tire school. He said that I do not want to put 80 lbs of air in them as they will heat up on the road and become over inflated!!! Go figure, maybe it was his first day on the job.

At any rate then now have 65 PSI. One was at 79 and 3 at 75.5, so I guess Discount Tire does not get that good of a grade either.

Chris

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got the new Endurance LRE tires today and got a CL call within hours of posting.

Interesting thing, I looked at the instant mileage on the flats going to the tire store and again returning. Mileage was about 4 MPG better returning. I had not looked at tire pressure on the old tires, however dealer said they were at 65 PSI. Trying to decide what pressure to run in the new LRE tire. Going to call GY tomorrow. Around 7k on tires that can carry 11,320 pound at full inflation seems like to much over kill. Chris

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
deltabravo wrote:
I'd replace them, and take the existing tires home and sell them on Craigslist to recoup some of the money you spent on the upgrade.

That was my thought. Chris

Tires like that work great for lawn service trailers that spend their life running around town with little interstate all day runs.. Or a utility trailer that sits 11 months out of the year and sees very little to no highway miles.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
deltabravo wrote:
I'd replace them, and take the existing tires home and sell them on Craigslist to recoup some of the money you spent on the upgrade.

That was my thought. Chris

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator