cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victor, ID to Chicago, IL

Paul127
Explorer
Explorer
We came to Teton Valley Resort over the Teton Pass and will not return east that route. I am considering going Rt. 26 to 89 to 191 to I 80 east. Just concerned about the 89 to 191 and the difficulty going through the mountains. Any suggestions from those who have traveled it?
Paul127
3 REPLIES 3

Paul127
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the route info.
Paul127

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
191 is fine, like CloudDriver mentioned, the hardest part is through Hoback and it's not even that hard and not too windy. It flattens out pretty much after that. Bigger issue through there is the wind can pick up, especially once you are out of the mountainy area and closer to Pinedale. We nearly flipped our old travel trailer on 191 between Pinedale and Rock Springs due to wind, but we also had an undersized truck pulling it (upgraded trucks after that trip) 🙂 I wouldn't be worried about it in a proper rig.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Route 26 and 89 are easy drives. After turning onto 191 at Hoback Junction there is a modest climb for a few miles then essentially level all the way to I80. Nothing like going over the Teton Pass, which you already know not to do again.

This thread from a few weeks back had suggestions for using route 31 from Victor to get to route 26. No personal experience with that route.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450🙂