cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

McD's app and kiosk

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
All these people standing in line to order who don't use their phones or the kiosk. Cultural change is slow.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
59 REPLIES 59

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
If you were getting paid $.50 per hour, you were being severely underpaid. Federal min wage in 1961 was $1.15 LINK

$1.15 in 1961 had the same buying power as $9.51 in 2018 LINK

If you read the footnotes on the minimum wage table, you will see that that the 1938 bill only applied to very few interstate businesses. The 1961 bill added a few businesses but still didn't apply to the millions of mom and pop businesses like the drug store in Oklahoma I worked for.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
accsys wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
If the minimum wage kept up with inflation the minimum wage would now be close to $25/hour. Not sure why you think auto workers who make something like $50/hour to put a bolt on a wheel are entitled to more money than those folks trusted with the safety of the food you eat.

Bill, I think you exaggerate a bit. When I was working as a soda jerk in 1961, the CPI was 29.9. At the end of 2017 the CPI was 245.1 or 8.2 times as high. The federal minimum wage has gone from 50 cents (what I earned) in 1961 to 7.25 today though some states have raised it much higher. The 50 cents I was earning would now equate to 4.10 today which is nowhere near the $25 stated. Interesting enough is that the CPI was 100 in 1983 so we have only had 250% inflation in the last 35 years whereas it was was over 300% for the 22 years between 1961 and 1983.

Of course don't tell any of that to my wallet as it would gape in disbelief!! :?

OH MY GOSH!!! I just noticed RV NET allowed me to use the percent symbol. They must have finally fixed that!!! :B

If you were getting paid $.50 per hour, you were being severely underpaid. Federal min wage in 1961 was $1.15 LINK

$1.15 in 1961 had the same buying power as $9.51 in 2018 LINK
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well yesterday used an early version of a kiosk in Florance, OR! The experance took me back about 50 years to my High school years! Used the call board at the A&W!!!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sure it is!
How bad can a fresh cracked egg at McDonald's be compared to a fresh cracked egg at home or at Joe's Diner? Then it's just sausage and an English Muffin or Biscuit. You can pay more but it's still just an egg!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
"That's a good breakfast for $2.15 including tax."

No, it's not.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
If you have a smart phone you really, really want to get the app. It will save you money on every visit. I eat breakfast there nearly every (work) day. I can get a breakfast sandwich (real egg, real meat) for $1 and a large soda is another $1. That's a good breakfast for $2.15 including tax. The offers vary with free sodas on Tues. and Thurs. and a free coffee after 5 coffee purchases (the little woman has a coffee every (work) day. There are offers for lunch as well and all of them will save you a couple of bucks.
The Burger King breakfast is not good other than their French Toast Sticks and the cinnamon rolls (which the McDonald's Cinnamon melt beats hands down!).

I feel a good bowel movement brewing just by reading this.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have a smart phone you really, really want to get the app. It will save you money on every visit. I eat breakfast there nearly every (work) day. I can get a breakfast sandwich (real egg, real meat) for $1 and a large soda is another $1. That's a good breakfast for $2.15 including tax. The offers vary with free sodas on Tues. and Thurs. and a free coffee after 5 coffee purchases (the little woman has a coffee every (work) day. There are offers for lunch as well and all of them will save you a couple of bucks.
The Burger King breakfast is not good other than their French Toast Sticks and the cinnamon rolls (which the McDonald's Cinnamon melt beats hands down!).
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Gjac wrote:
2oldman wrote:
All these people standing in line to order who don't use their phones or the kiosk. Cultural change is slow.
For me it isn't a slow cultural change, it's that I can't order a BOGO free 1/4 pounder or a senior soda at the kiosk. By the way the new 1/4 pounder uses fresh meat now and is more juicy than the frozen burger.

You should be able to do both at the kiosk. If you are using the MCD app you can scan the offer at the kiosk. I have ordered a senior coffee there but since I always get a large soda (need plenty to-go) for $1 I have never looked for a senior soda. You might want to mention to the manager that you would have used the kiosk but there is no senior soda option. They are actually fairly pro-active in updating there technology. There might alwasys be cashiers, but the cashiers are not at all interested that you are there or how long you have been standing in line.
I have not used the app only tried the kiosk and was told it would not take coupns or senior soda. I only go to McDonalds
When I have a coupon, other wise like the Wopper better.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gjac wrote:
2oldman wrote:
For me it isn't a slow cultural change, it's that I can't order a BOGO free 1/4 pounder or a senior soda at the kiosk. By the way the new 1/4 pounder uses fresh meat now and is more juicy than the frozen burger.

You should be able to do both at the kiosk. If you are using the MCD app you can scan the offer at the kiosk. I have ordered a senior coffee there but since I always get a large soda (need plenty to-go) for $1 I have never looked for a senior soda. You might want to mention to the manager that you would have used the kiosk but there is no senior soda option. They are actually fairly pro-active in updating there technology. There might alwasys be cashiers, but the cashiers are not at all interested that you are there or how long you have been standing in line.

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
I will not use a kiosk or self-checkout, unless I have no choice. These things, social media, and smart phones are promoting society to become anti-social.

I will happily wait in line to interact with a cashier. I believe that human interaction with the cashier, however brief, is important.

I also like to think that my waiting in line demonstrates to that merchant that I value the human cashier over the self-checkout and that maybe my effort will help keep a cashier employed for another day.
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:

AllegroD wrote:
What is McD's? (sarcasm)

I call it Rotten Ronnies....
:B
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
What is McD's? (sarcasm)