cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unity 24MB motor home

3RiversWayne
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of buying a used Unity MB by Leisure Travel. Do any of you have one? Any problems with getting service for Mercedes engine? Any other problems to be aware of? Thanks for any help,
Wayne

โš Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to forum posting, signature and photo testing, or reporting member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, post in the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
6 REPLIES 6

Fourtogo
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Unity 24IB with the Mercedes diesel engine. The Unity is a delight but trying to get service while on the road has proved a nightmare. Our "check engine" light came on for no apparent reason and none of the local shops can diagnose the problem as Mercedes has not adopted the 1999 service standard protocols. Even worse the closest Mercedes Dealer in Traverse City, Mi. can't service theme either! I mean really!! We have to travel 5 hours, one way, out of our way to get this looked at. This lack of service availability has convinced me not to by another with Mercedes power until this is resolved.

3RiversWayne
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your info.

Cider
Explorer
Explorer
Warranty work is the only issue that really comes to mind on the MBS. The RV dealer will only deal with the coach portion and certified MB dealers will deal with the cabin and driveline issues. In my case, for warranty or real big issues, I have to go from central Oregon to Eugene or Salem, Or for work. Traveling, I keep an eye out on what is available from certified MB service dealers or Freightliner dealers. Surprisingly, there are many areas that are wide open and no-one around for 300 - 500 miles. To solve that I purchased a roadside plan from Coach-Net that will tow my MBS to the nearest certified dealer, regardless of mileage. Most of the other plans have a cap of 15- to 200 miles so it could get real expensive. The MBS drive great, handles well, very economical and tows our Jeep JK with no issues. The MBS unit will fit into about any campsite so you are not limited on size restrictions. Overall, we believe it to be a good choice.
2017 Tiffin Allegro RED 33 AA
2020 JLUR
Roadmaster Baseplate
Sterling AT Tow Bar
Demco Air Force One Brake System

3RiversWayne
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for feed back

SailingOn
Explorer
Explorer
web sites to review:

sprinter-source.com
Sprinter Wiki

The Mercedes Sprinter chassis is a delight to drive and park, and gets a genuine 16-17 mpg.
If this were a gas engine, service would be easier to find, sure.
At 60,000 miles, we have had zero maintenance problems.
Buck: 2004 Wilderness Yukon 8275S, now memories.
Star: Open range LF297RLS. 2 air conditioners!
Togo: 2014 Winnebago View Profile, 2013 Sprinter chassis; 16 mpg
Snow: 2020 F250 diesel
AD5GR