cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda Generator

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
With the Honda MODEL EU3000is, can the A/C and most of the trailer lights run at the same time? How about the microwave, can that run with the A/C on? How does this model compare to the EU2000 for quietness?
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream
28 REPLIES 28

Range_Maggot_Bo
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

A much better choice would be the Champion 3400 watt with built in remote electric start. Smaller footprint, lighter, and more capacity. Run time is some what lower(i.e. gas capacity)--but the ability to start and stop without going outside the RV is quite wonderful and reduces actual run time.

Adding a microaire or other soft start unit on the air conditioner would help.

And it's noisier. Not so much a better choice for some. Wouldn't be without my two Honda 2000s. I can lift and handle them. There's nothing more quiet on the market. If there ever is an issue with a Honda, there is a Honda dealer around the corner. Just about anywhere.

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
If having a inverter that supply extra power from batteries when not sufficient from generator should the 2200 not be sufficient to run air conditioner.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

Runaway
Explorer
Explorer
I have run two 2000i in parallel and I have run a 3000i Handi with the same results. Will run the AC, microwave if power is reduced to 80%, but the units struggle at 5000 ft. If running the AC with either combo watching TV and the AC restarted, it would shut the TV off until the AC was running. I always had the refrigerator running off the generator. I now run a Champion Dual Fuel 5500 noisy genset when I need AC. I can run whatever I want with that setup. Good thing I am out in the middle of nowhere.

Side note: One 2000i would run the microwave in a smaller trailer I had, but when I went into the larger trailer - it couldn't do it. Bigger wattage microwave.
"18" 3500HD Silverado LTZ Dmax/Ally, CC/SB/4x4
"14" Jayco 331 RETS

Retired USAF

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
very good genny we ran our ac a lot. I now have the 7000 that is in the back of the truck all summer. it runs both ac,s and lights. Need to put hwt and fridge on gas. Very quit also

justme
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a transfer switch or any device that senses low voltage you most like will have problems with a 3K generator while running an AC with some other loads. The generator voltage will dip some times that will trip the device to shutdown power. The generator will start hunting because it will see a large load and no load at approx. 1hz interval and you will hear banging noise from the device which is not a good thing to hear. That will shorten the life of the device. If you can guarantee of constant load on the generator that it can handle there will be no problem. However, AC's with motors cycle on/off which creates a large load spike as well as other devices-- so be ware.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
You should read the 12v side of life. I posted the link on page 1.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
coffee maker yes, micro usually but not always. My micro is 1591 watts and it would have a tough time with 1600 va.

the 2200 has a slightly higher va rating than the 2000
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
Help me out here, please. The Honda EU2000 will operate lights, but not the A/C. Will it operate the coffee maker? The microwave?

And in order to operate the A/C an EU2000i or an EU2200i must be attached. What is the advantage of the EU2200i over the EU2000i?
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream

TazFord
Explorer
Explorer
The eu2200 can be paralleled where as the EB cannot.
With my eu3000 and first time out boondocking I soon found out that I could not run the refrigerator and the A/C together. Simply switched the refrigerator over to propane if I needed A/C. A/C and microwave together with eco off I think were ok. Lights and television are all led so not much to add there
Life long camper, First time Fiver
2018 Starcraft Solstice 29BHSโ€”2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
As stated the EB is meant for construction and such places. It has GFCI and is LA-ETL tested for use outside were it might be wet conditions.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Lynnmor, thank you!
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
rjstractor wrote:
.. As far as I could see, they are identical in terms of capacity, noise and weight.
Yes, the EB2200 is. Some of the other EBs are noisier.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
rjstractor wrote:
klr650goldwing wrote:
What are the most significant differences between an EU Honda generator and an EB?

That's a really good question. I was wondering myself, so I did some research on Honda's website and compared an EU2200i and an EB2200i. As far as I could see, they are identical in terms of capacity, noise and weight. They use the same amount of oil and have the same maintenance schedule. As far as I could tell the only difference is that the EB costs a little more. Maybe it has a few extra features that the EU does not.

In the case of the 2200 generators, the EB has OSHA compliant grounding and outlets and are intended for workplace use.

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
klr650goldwing wrote:
What are the most significant differences between an EU Honda generator and an EB?

That's a really good question. I was wondering myself, so I did some research on Honda's website and compared an EU2200i and an EB2200i. As far as I could see, they are identical in terms of capacity, noise and weight. They use the same amount of oil and have the same maintenance schedule. As far as I could tell the only difference is that the EB costs a little more. Maybe it has a few extra features that the EU does not.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3