cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tennessee

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
Well once again we are tapping the group for information. We are planning a trip to Tennessee and need to know of your favorite state park, rv park or national park. Also is the best time to go in October, November or wait until the spring? Nashville area will be the general area. Thanks in advance. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !
22 REPLIES 22

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
We really enjoyed our stay at Cages Bend COE park. North East of Nashville on the Cumberland River. Gorgeous park, but the shower house/restrooms weren't the best. A little tight getting to the park, road wise, with the narrow road and all. But well worth the drive. With no reservations we managed to get a pull thru site #10, that was fantastic.
Would definitely stay here again.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
well, i thought i would look up this older post. we have made it through Memphis, stayed at TO Fuller, and now at Montgomery Bell. it is very nice here, we are enjoying the time and the trees. While the colors haven't really hit full color yet, we are in hopes next week down by Pigeon Forge. Thanks for the recommendations.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
+another on Big Meadow in Townsend. We are local and go there to just getaway sometimes. Never been there during the height of tourist season tho.

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
no problem on the smokey mountain area, we are going there too. Already have a reservation at creekside rv park and may spend a few days in the national park too. thanks to all, and to all a great day ! ! !

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
If you are planning on going to the Smoky Mountains National Park, we really like Townsend; very peaceful and convenient to the park. We've stayed at Big Meadow Family campground and really like it. Little Arrow Outdoor resort is another campground with new owners that seem to have done a LOT of work on the property. May try them some time.

EDIT: Sorry, just reread original post and saw the Nashville area. I'll leave this here in case anybody else is interested.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
jffnkrn wrote:
thanks to all for their contributions and an exta thanks to coolmom42. we got into Montgomery Bell State Park along the river just after mid month and will finish out the month in Pigeon Forge. A Great Day to all. Thanks.

Monkey Bell is a beautiful park. But be aware, it's a good 45 minute drive into most sites in the city (depending on what your goal for the trip is).

Our site:

Our view from our toy hauler deck:

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

lewisr
Explorer
Explorer
x3 on Seven Points.
'14 F-150 Super Crew 3.5EB 3.73
'19 Heritage Glen 282RK

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
thanks to all for their contributions and an exta thanks to coolmom42. we got into Montgomery Bell State Park along the river just after mid month and will finish out the month in Pigeon Forge. A Great Day to all. Thanks.

cindik
Explorer
Explorer
FF286 wrote:
TenOC wrote:
Check out Fall Creek State Park about 100 east of Nashville Also the COE parks east of Nashville.

X2, and also Cumberland mountain state park near crossville.

My 2 favorite parks!
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR SOLDIERS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
THE ONLY THING HARDER THAN BEING A SOLDIER, IS LOVING ONE

Our Photos

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I make it a point to stop in Nashville on all my trips down to Florida.

I stay at the KOA. And I treat myself to one of their more expensive pull thru sites with a long raised concrete patio that you pull right up next to with a full set of wrought iron patio furniture included! Ahh, just pull in and open the door and relax. :C

If you plan to stay there more than one night to see Nashville the main desk has all the info you need for sightseeing and a shuttle bus to take you to almost all of them. Also, all the staff there are IMHO 5 star.

Or if you have a MH with a toad, everything is just a few minutes down the road from the CG.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
When staying close to Nashville I prefer the COE on Percy Priest Lake, Seven Points CG. Another favorite about 50 miles east of there is Edgar Evins SP. Try that one for a very unusual site.
Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
In Nashville the Hermitage is a must see. What are you looking for in a park? Resort style with high end amenities? A basic site with W/E/S? Have you gone to the TN state parks website to see what the parks have to offer. TN has great state parks and they can be difficult to get into at high demand times. Your interests and time frame would be helpful to give you better ideas.

There are 2 private parks on Music Valley Drive and all of them are FHU and nice. We have stayed at Yogi Bears Jellystone park a few times and its clean and more than acceptable. 2 Rivers is right next to it and it is nice too. A Camping World is right up the road too.

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
x2 for Seven Points but I don't think you'll get in if you mean this year.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA