cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

St. Augustine, FL

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
We are making plans to go to St. Augustine, FL.
Looking for help with places to go and things to do.
All your input is greatly appreciated.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
12 REPLIES 12

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again everyone for the help. We had a great time and I think we did it all. A multi-day pass for the trolley is the way to go.
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone. Looking forward to the trip and doing all we can.
I was able to book a site at North Beach Camp Resort. Will be there the first week of October.
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
We were just in St. Augustine in late March of this year, there's TONS of things to see and do there! We decided to take the trolley each day (3 days) to avoid parking hassles in the historic district, well worth the expense. If you have the time plan a trip to St Augustine Beach for a day of relaxation, if you do, get there early though as parking is limited down there. There's an excellent seafood restaurant very near the beach area, Sunset Grille (recommended by one of our tour guides). You won't be disappointed dining there! :B

We stayed at Compass RV Park, outstanding park!! They lead you to your site and they have a shuttle from one of several trolley companies that stops most mornings (and it's free) and drops you back off in the afternoon. It's a wonderful city to visit, I'm sure we'll visit again.

Dan

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pirate Museum is great. Flagler College is cool too.

We stay at North Beach Campground, north of the city. It sits between the ocean and a river. Great Publix down the street, plenty quiet there in the winter months too.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

John___Christin
Explorer
Explorer
John & Christine wrote:
The ghost tour of the city out of Ripleys was fun.

http://www.ghosttrainadventure.com
For Sale:Twin Ultra Power HD 6 volt batteries in excellent condition. Very similar to Trojan T-105's. Located in MA. Email Brazenheadbeer@gmail.com

John___Christin
Explorer
Explorer
The ghost tour out of Ripleys was fun.

http://www.ghosttrainadventure.com
For Sale:Twin Ultra Power HD 6 volt batteries in excellent condition. Very similar to Trojan T-105's. Located in MA. Email Brazenheadbeer@gmail.com

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
The guided carriage tour is worth it.

Guided tour of Flagler College. It was built as a Henry Flagler Hotel. Wired by Thomas Edison.

Drive down to Matanzas State Park. There is a ferry tour to the old fort.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed at the state park, Anastasia state park and really liked it. Not sure of who is camping with you, children and all, but we took a segway tour from St. Augustine Segway Tours (I think) and loved it. A bit pricey, but worth every cent. About a two hour tour of the city. The guide asked us what we wanted to see. Our reply was: What's there to see, do, eat and where to park our RV. Just the DW & I and the guide and had a blast. Highly recommend it!
p.s. If you have a geezer pass the fort is free. That's also a nice thing to do.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
If you are taking your RV into town you might want to watch this recent youtube video which shows the location of an RV and bus only parking lot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl74NiKtG8o you can skip towards the end of the video, much of it is them driving around looking for a place to park before going to the tourist center and getting directions with a map they flash up for a moment.

TragedyTrousers
Explorer
Explorer
Park and take the Trolley Tour. Visit Fort Castillo de San Marcos, the Lightner Museum, the Lighthouse and Maritime Museum, the Fountain of Youth, the Alligator farm Zoological Park for starters.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
There are tours galore. The town is a tourist trap delux--but fun all the same.

There are "get on / get off" trolley tours. Wear good walking shoes.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Floridafrances
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure to go to the Castillo de San Marcos. The old fort has lots of interesting exhibits and some of the cannons are beautiful. I took my grandsons to the Alligator Farm and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it myself. Just wandering the narrow streets of St. Augustine is entertaining to me. So much history and lots of quaint shops of all kinds.
Frances & Tom with 3 rescue cats - Peaches, Snippet,and BP. And in spirit Aja (Dec 2014) and Tipper (Oct 2016).
2011 Winnebago Vista 30W
2008 4 door Hardtop Wrangler Unlimited 4X4