cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance Electrical Issue Advice Needed

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, my Lance TC has an electrical issue Im hoping someone can help me with. When I have the truck electrical plug connected and I have the camper marker lights on some times the rear "docking lights" will be on also even though the interior switch is off for the docking lights or the marker lights wont light up at all, and sometimes everything works as it should. Can someone tell me where I would start to diagnose this? Thanks Alot. Lou
2006 Ford F 350, 6.0 PSD 8 Foot Bed 4x4 with Torklift Tie downs ,Stable Loads ,rear Helwig Swaybar,airlifts 5000 , Method 305 HD rims . 2019 Adventurer 89 RBS, slideout, Generator
8 REPLIES 8

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
ardvark wrote:
I would start at the truck since you don't have the problem any other time. The problem child for the Super Duties is the back side of the seven pin behind the bumper and it is not unusual for the ground pin to virtually rust nearly off. The plug comes apart so it is easy to see.

Except that Lance Campers us a proprietary Lance 6 pin connector and do not plug into the trucks tow connector on the hitch.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
ardvark wrote:
I would start at the truck since you don't have the problem any other time. The problem child for the Super Duties is the back side of the seven pin behind the bumper and it is not unusual for the ground pin to virtually rust nearly off. The plug comes apart so it is easy to see.

Connecting the truck is what provides the power. My money is on the tail light circuit shorting to the reverse light circut inside the camper plug.

ardvark
Explorer
Explorer

northshore
Explorer
Explorer
My docking lights come on with the reverse lights, If i shift from park to drive and momentary stop in reverse willl bring on the docking lights.
Just another thing to check, reverse wiring maybe interfering with their operation.... not sure how that would work, but would keep it in mind when looking for the problem

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
Mandalay Parr wrote:
Take the truck /camper plug apart and inspect all the wires and connections
OK will do Thanks Everyone
2006 Ford F 350, 6.0 PSD 8 Foot Bed 4x4 with Torklift Tie downs ,Stable Loads ,rear Helwig Swaybar,airlifts 5000 , Method 305 HD rims . 2019 Adventurer 89 RBS, slideout, Generator

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Take the truck /camper plug apart and inspect all the wires and connections
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Are they dim or bright?
I would first suspect a bad ground backfeeding the lights that are not suppose to be on.
Everything is regular brightness.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Are they dim or bright?
I would first suspect a bad ground backfeeding the lights that are not suppose to be on.