cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Projector and screen

Npdchief07
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for recommendations for a projector and screen to use outdoors while camping. Not looking for the highest quality, just something that works well and looks decent.
8 REPLIES 8

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
Cocky_Camper wrote:
Check craigslist or Facebook market place for your area. we bought what use to be a good one back in the day for $30 from a church up the road from Marketplace.

Be careful buying an older used unit...the old style light sources had limited lifespans and for the cost of a new bulb...you can buy a newer better unit. ($30 is a pretty low risk though).
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Check craigslist or Facebook market place for your area. we bought what use to be a good one back in the day for $30 from a church up the road from Marketplace.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
https://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=portable+projection+screen

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
We just picked up a "magnasonic" mini-projector. It was only around $200. It does need to be fairly dark but otherwise does a good job. It does have a battery or you can leave it plugged in. Connection can be via HDMI or wifi connection. Only about 4x4x1, so easy to stow.

I would suggest picking up a bluetooth speaker as the sound is really low.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
We have a regular CG we attend and one family brings a "blow up"The set it up in the playground area. It is in the middle, visible from but slightly separated from the sites. It works great and not the kids, though no one complains. The kids are enthralled for a couple of hours and then it is bed time for bonzo. That is me, not the kids. Since they disappear as well, I suspect it is shower and bed for them, also.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I still use a slide projector. They are cheap now and easy to find.

MrWizard
hey could be family night in the boonies
or private property
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
They've got em that snap right onto your iPhone or Samsung now. As for screen, any 'ol white sheet and some paracord should do.

Bigger problem is audio, how do you and your friends intent to enjoy the movie, without sharing the sound with your neighbors.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed