cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Health Question

psurich
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has a chronic illness that requires routine blood work. We will be traveling in several areas of the US and we need to
know how to get her blood work done. Has anyone else dealt with this issue. She is on Medicare so healthcare isn't an issue. Any help or advice will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rich
7 REPLIES 7

Jim-Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know if all Wally's are doing this, but our local one now has a Quest facility.

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
If your doctor sends an order to Quest Diagnostics electronically you can go to any of their facilities and get your needed procedure done.
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we were traveling I used Lab Corp, Quest Diagnostics and URGENT Care
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Optimistic_Para
Explorer
Explorer
I use Lab Corp for monthly INR testing. My local one keeps both my insurance info and the actual script from my Doctor - which is for 6 months - on file. However, this info is NOT available to other Lab Corp locations, which means you'll need to take a bunch of signed scripts with you.

PITA, really. If pharmacy chains like CVS and Walgreens will let me fill a prescription anywhere, why can't a lab chain like Lab Corp keep my info so it's available to all their locations?

Oh, and I looked into getting testing done in Canada, and the labs up there won't honor a script written by a US doctor, only ones written by a Canadian doctor. I still haven't decided how I'm going to deal with that when I take my long planned trip to Newfoundland.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check out Labcorp. I go to them and they fax the results to my Dr. They take walkins and take appointments.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Most walk in clinics can do blood work and then transmit it to your doctor.
I had work done at a hospital, but they would not send it to doctor. Had to get hard copy then fax to my doctor.
Hospitals seem hard tyo work with then walk in style clinics.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
We check with a local hospital to see if they will do blood work using an order from our doctor. In our case, they do and the result get sent to our doc.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs