cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heater wont stop running is the controller faulty?

plambrinos
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a 2000 Fleetwood discovery and just recently the heater went on without cause. I have done some research and the controller 00-00591-200 intellitec was chattering and then stopped chattering. I pulled the fuse and after a short time I re installed the fuse and the heater worked properly for a couple of days then the heater started again without notice. Has anyone had this issue and if so what was the outcome, did replacing the controller fix the problem.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

plambrinos
Explorer
Explorer
No water or rain has gotten into the furnace or control panel, it works fine when the control panel is turned on asking for heat, it's when the control panel is turned off the furnace turns on by itself and won't shut off. I'm just wondering if its the electronic climate control panel under the fridge? I don't want to spend $200 and find out that's not the problem.

jeeperdude10
Explorer
Explorer
Has it by chance been exposed to rain/wash job? If so, there might be water at/on the "mother board". I had that happen to me after a gully washer came up one night-the heater made a gawd awful racket-like it tried to ignite and click whine to a certain degree. I removed the grate and unplugged the darn thing, to make it thru the night. Next morning took the outside cover panel off the furnace and found 'the culprit', water pooling on bottom of furnace floor, enough to reach the soldered prongs of the mother board. Dried it up and put some 1/4 inch peel em stick em weather stripping on the indented foam of the panel and reinstalled. BAM, no more issue. Hope this might help. And like you the furnace was NOT activated, in fact had the AC going....
2016 Bounder 35K
2014 Freedom Edition JEEP Unlimited
Traveling thru this great country

plambrinos
Explorer
Explorer
When the controls are off the heater will run and blow heat. when I turn the heaters on from the control panel everything works properly, example set the thermostat to 70 degrees and the heater will turn on until the temperature reaches 70 degrees then will turn of. it runs as it is suppose to but when I turn the heaters to the off position after about 1 minute the heater starts on it's own and will not shut off?
Could it be the electronic climate control module? I heard it chattering badly then stop.
Thanks for any help you can give me. https://cdn3.volusion.com/afvyg.fwnkv/v/vspfiles/photos/591-200-Intellitec-2.jpg?1517381651

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
might read through this to see if it is any help!Manual

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I have not heard of this. Is it blowing heat? My experience is if the heat does not come on the fan will blow non stop. Usually an indicator I am out of LP. So are you saying the thermostat is set lower than room temp and the heater comes on anyway? If so I would also suspect the thermostat
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)