cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a place to stay in Tijuana

KM_Rolling
Explorer
Explorer
This November we have 2 weeks where we have an appointment everyday in Tijuana.

We're hoping to find a place in Tijuana, or no further than Rosarito, that we can stay in our Toy Hauler.

I've tried to get ahold of the KOA that's supposed to be in Rosarito with no success, and I did get ahold of Popotla Trailer Park in Rosarito. Was a bit surprised by their price of $35 a night.

I will be working via the internet most everyday while not at our daily appointments.

Any and all advice welcomed.

TIA
Kevin & Mary
2018 Ford F150 3.5 EB HDPP 8' Bed - For Sale
2020 Ford F350 6.7 PSD 4X4 DRW CC LB
2019 Coachmen 271BL Toy Hauler
3 REPLIES 3

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Most everything up in this neck of the woods is priced the same as it is on the other side of the fence.
Twenty nine dollars per night in Ensenada for a splendid view of the local Taco Bell drive through.

There are various routes into Tijuana from Rosarito. The toll road is definitely not always the fastest route. There is Mex 1D to the north and the Siglo 20 to the east. All routes are clogged 6:00AM to 9:00AM then 4:00 to 7:00 PM by commuters.

Beware of Rosarito cops on weekends. Pablo and I were accused of not wearing seat belts, and after I pointed at the dash cam and said the magic word "Denuncia" both cops rushed back to their car and hauled ***

Rosarito does not fit the norm of Mexico -- it is a weekend drunkard's paradise after sundown. Weekdays are fine, but everything costs more. Just like everything costs more at Lake Tahoe or Mammoth Lakes.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Nice pic and what a view!
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

KM_Rolling
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from our Trip to Rosarito Beach, Mexico. 4300 miles total. We had a great time staying at Popotla Mobile Home & RV Park.

We had a great view of the sun setting everyday on the Pacific Ocean.

Our daily commute to and from Tijuana was smooth, taking us past the caravan camped out right next to the border.

I'll be posting a trip report with photo's soon.

We are planning on staying at Popotla again next year, we were very impressed with the security, facilities, location & views.

Pic of the view-

Kevin & Mary
Kevin & Mary
2018 Ford F150 3.5 EB HDPP 8' Bed - For Sale
2020 Ford F350 6.7 PSD 4X4 DRW CC LB
2019 Coachmen 271BL Toy Hauler