cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard Pathway XI - Pay as You Go

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at purchasing a Winegard Pathway XI with a receiver from a pawn shop. Based on what I read online, it should be as easy as hooking it up and calling for service. Is this true? Anything that I should be weary about or know prior to purchasing?

Do I have to worry about these items being "black listed" and not being able to get service, like phones if it had been reported stolen?

Will I call Dish to connect the service, or will I have to go through Winegard to get he service via Dish since that is who made the Satellite?

We really won't plan to use it much, besides when camping during college football season (Go GAMECOCKS!)!

Thanks in advanced for the help!
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper
5 REPLIES 5

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I've been somewhat disappointed with the Pathway and Wally. The current trip started in the northeast and we went west then north to the UP then west to N. Dakota. Now we're heading back east through Nebraska and Kansas.

When I was looking at antennas, they recommended the Tailgater, which is western arc only. Everyone here said to get the Pathway because it's a bigger dish and receives both arcs. That was good advise, because half the time on this trip I could only get the eastern arc.

The trouble is, local channels may not go out on the arc you're getting. In western Nebraska, I could only get the eastern arc and the local Denver channels went out in the western.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I broke down yesterday and bought the Pathway XI and box. I will let you all know how it goes once I purchase service.

Former Coaches:
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I can get it for $200 with a stand and a box, that is the only reason that I'm even considering it. I'm going to go talk to the owner today to see if he will guarantee it anyway or my money back or at least store credit. If he does, I'm going to get it.

Former Coaches:
1991 Coleman Pop Up

as far as pay as you go and the pathway x2... It is a great system.. you choose which plan you want for a 30 day period, pay, and watch.... You can also change programming during that time and pay the difference.

As far as buying it all from a pawn shop.... I would not.... You never know where that came from, and if it will work or not,,,
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Call DishTV with the SN off the receiver before purchase, as if it was stolen I am sure they wont activate it unless you square up with DishTV on the outstanding charges.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad