cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gas class a mpg

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
we are looking at a 2012 fleetwood bounder with a 80 gallon fuel tank. what kind of mpg can i expect to get? also about how many miles on a tank full?
28 REPLIES 28

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
cruz-in wrote:
Wow...a relatively honest thread on mileage...

I usually open these mileage threads up only to get a chuckle out of the folks claiming 14 MPG in a 45 foot Class A.

Thatโ€™s because the gasser people are honest in thier reporting unlike the other fuel users which we will not name!!! :B

My digital readout says 6.2 mpg average over a 11yr period and no, the gasser's aren't always honest people, either. Also some who rely on pencil and paper for one trip, which is coasting downhill for the most part.:S
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Plenty of answers for the OP's question here.
Just hope it's not a deciding factor for purchasing an RV in the first place, otherwise they're in for a rude awakening.
There's numerous threads on MPG, while next to none on depreciation per mile, where the cost of ownership really is and especially with the newer models.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
STBRetired wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
cruz-in wrote:

I usually open these mileage threads up only to get a chuckle out of the folks claiming 14 MPG in a 45 foot Class A.

Thatโ€™s because the gasser people are honest in thier reporting unlike the other fuel users which we will not name!!! :B

Can't see any reason to lie about it.

Well you, I and most wouldnโ€™t. But there are quite a few that like too. Like the kid where I used to work that claimed 25mpg towing his 8000lb 28ft car hauler! I didnโ€™t even say anything thatโ€™s how stupid it sounded!!!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
My old 1994 PaceArrow 34' with p30 chassis with 454 tbi pulling 2 door wrangler 6-7.5

I know you asked gas but my 1998 country coach with Detroit series 40 pulling same jeep has been 8 mpg the lowest usually 9-9.5
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
Our '02 (a 32-ft Class A with the EFI Ford V-10) averaged about 7.7 mpg. We didn't tow anything. The good part was that the MPG was altitude independent, We did not like our old 26' Class C whose gas mileage varied between 7 mpg at sea level, but dropped to around 4.5 at about 2500 ft ASL. It had a carb-equipped Ford 460 V-8.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
cruz-in wrote:

Can't see any reason to lie about it.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
cruz-in wrote:

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer

2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
2005 HR Admiral 34SBD 8.1 Vortec and Allison 5spd auto...lifetime average was 7.63 mpg towing an 06 CR-V over 34,000 miles.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Sastma
Explorer
Explorer
2005 Sea Breeze 34โ€™ - AZ to Colorado trip avg 6.7 mpg this summer but 2 mpg over Red Moutain Pass ๐Ÿ˜œ
In 2017 we drove 2007 Mirada 34โ€™ - AZ to Utah trip avg 6.5 mpg
Iโ€™m usually refueling around 350 and plan accordingly. We are pretty well loaded with 2 adults and 4 kiddos.
Driving a 2010 HR now and canโ€™t wait check out the performance. So far the smoothest ride and avg 7.5 mpg but not loaded. Will be interested to see when we go on a real trip.

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
STBRetired wrote:
With the toad, 6.8 MPG running 65 - 70
Without the toad, 7.2 MPG running 65 - 70
Best ever? 9.5 MPG No toad, running 55 on the interstate.

WOW ! Big difference !

Was a one time only best. Might have had a tail wind. Was on flat terrain. I was in the middle of a line of MHs with trailers on the way to a race. Was about 150 miles with no stops. MPG went down when we got off interstate and got into normal stop and start traffic. I treat that as a strange outlier.

The 6.8 MPG with the toad is averaged over about 9000 miles between Chicago area and Alabama Gulf Coast.
The 7.2 MPG with no toad was average over 2000 miles on trip between Chicago and North Carolina.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
On our 2018 37' Miramar, the mileage has been as low as 6.2 and as high as 8.3. I average around 6.8mpg and that's pulling a JKU Jeep and usually running the generator for the AC units. This is driving at around 65mph. If I drive over 70mph, gas mileage starts dropping rapidly.
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
STBRetired wrote:
With the toad, 6.8 MPG running 65 - 70
Without the toad, 7.2 MPG running 65 - 70
Best ever? 9.5 MPG No toad, running 55 on the interstate.

WOW ! Big difference !

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
set the cruse on 60 and you will gain 2mpg from 60 to 70. No hurry Enjoy your trip. Head and tail winds make a big difference
Dennis Hoppert