cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Border crossing Canada into US

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I provided this info in hopes that others could benefit from it. Not to have my integrity called into question. I've deleted the info. because I'm not going to address every nay sayer. Good luck.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S
8 REPLIES 8

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Wow, this is a story you donโ€™t hear everyday....
Suppose anything is possible, but I canโ€™t imagine a person not being present for a border inspection.
Definitely hoping to hear the outcome of this saga. Hope the OP finds his lost money!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
I cross 6-7 times each August with MH towing boat. Once the US agent took my key & opened my basement compartments. Then told me to leave. He did not latch/lock one closed and when I got home I was lucky my expensive boat electronics had not fallen out on the road. I learned to check after they do stuff.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
I cross the border several times a month and have for decades, I canโ€™t recall a single crossing when the agent did not ask how much cash I was crossing with.

If itโ€™s much money, and since Iโ€™m normally crossing for business and making large purchases or sales on one side or the other, they almost always invite me in for a visit and count it all out in front of everybody to verify itโ€™s below the $10,000 limit.

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
I don't buy this guy's story one bit! I've crossed into the US for years and have been treated with the utmost respect and professionalism by the customs officers, I wish OUR people at OUR border treated our American neighbor's as well!

Red Green: Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together!
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why did you not check everything before you even left the check station? Especially if you had significant amounts of money in there? There's no way I would have moved until I checked to make sure all was okay. "Trust, but verify".
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Call the crossing and ask to speak to the manager. Explain what happened. Your out the cash, but it may not be the first complaint he has had.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
A very odd story, IMHO,
Crossed the border a month ago, parked the MH, left a large amount of cash in the safe. All of a sudden, a month later, you can't find the key, you force the safe open, the cash is gone?
I would suspect a family member lifting the cash once you got home as more highly likely than a border agent stealing from you.
2010 Suncruiser

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
I would have either locked the safes or taken the contents with me. If the agent didn't like it, I would have asked for a suprevisor