cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DTV SWM

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
My portable HD setup came with a SWM. I don't use it.
What is it for?
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK
7 REPLIES 7

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Single Wire Multiswitch..

Both Directv and DISH have it.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You just add a splitter inside the coach (or near the coach) and you run 1 coax for each receiver from that location. Even a Genie with a whole bunch of tuners only requires 1 coax cable.
It's pretty awesome!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
SWM will also allow you to connect multiple receivers with only a single cable running to your dish.

And how does this do it?
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
SWM will also allow you to connect multiple receivers with only a single cable running to your dish. Very handy when the dish is 50'+ from your rig.
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nearly all DTV receivers can use SWM. Only the SD receivers built early than the D12 model can utilize SWM. I think there was one HD receiver (H20 ish) that did not use SWM. If your portable has a SWM LNB you will be required to get a receiver that does use SWM. Sounds like a good time to update your hardware anyway.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
For the latest DTV equipment. Older models were self powered, newer need a power supply and a splitter.