cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Kwikee step parts

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
3 moveable Kwikee steps on 2007 Itasca Suncruiser-- Not sure of model. Where can model ID be found?

Steps have jammed in retracted position a couple times lately and now don't want to completely retract on their own. I have always kept them lubed and when disconnect linkage, they move smoothly.

I have removed mounting plate that holds the sector gear and motor assembly. I have completely disassembled this and don't find any real wear on the sector gear shaft. Motor seems to be in great shape. The only things I find worn are the 3 plastic guides that rub on each side of the sector gear and there is a bit more end play in the sector gear shaft when assembled. The large plastic washer between the sector gear and mounting plate seems ok, but could probably be replaced. I can easily shim the end play out of the sector gear shaft and have it bear more on the large plastic washer.

Is it possible to buy these plastic parts somewhere? Where? anyone know a part number for the plastic components?

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
2000 Jeep Wrangler
6 REPLIES 6

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I got mine (2 step) at Vieson (if I spelled it righ) RV. a junk yard in Ky.

https://rvparts.visonerv.com/

I did not much like the guy I dealt with. but the parts are good and the price was fair so I have no complaint.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

parkdep
Explorer
Explorer

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the link. Looks like the simply replaceable plastic guide parts for the sector gear are not available separately and one has to buy the entire gear assembly (if possible).

Nothing wrong with the motor! Buying a new one fixes nothing.

I think it really only needs $10 of wearable plastic guide parts for the large sector gear. Of course, in typical RV parts reality, I have to spend several hundred to fix $10 of actual worn parts!

Thanks-- Mick
2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
2000 Jeep Wrangler

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Did you first lube the outside moving parts of the step frame? Try that first, if they are not kept lubed they can malfunction.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Does your motor have the plastic gear housing? I think they changed in '05 to AM Equipment motors from the Ford window lift motors. Just buy a new motor, you'll be better off. Call direct to AM Equipment in Oregon. Have your motor handy.

The series number should be on a label they install. It is part of a bigger number.Your manual will explain that to you. If you don't have a manual Google, "Kwikee Step Manual #888".

I didn't read the link Mike gave you, I still think you need to just buy the motor.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe HERE
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods