cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How can people do things like this?

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
There was a article I read yesterday that stated I Maryland man buried a 18 year old dog alive and put a large rock on top of the grave because it didn't get along with a new kitten. Another person heard the dog crying in Agony and took it to the vet where it was euthanized. The person was arrested and fined $1000.

I have a hard time understanding how people can be so cruel.
25 REPLIES 25

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
just suggesting you look into how the money is spent. Most of it is not going to help the animals.
I see that an activist website says that. Is that what you're going by?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
jfkmk wrote:
You ought to look into how the ASPCA spends their money. That โ€œurgent needโ€ just might be a $100k bonus to the CEO.
I have no reason to believe that's true.

Not asking you to believe me, just suggesting you look into how the money is spent. Most of it is not going to help the animals.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Currently in Mesa Az.....cats being cut in half, decapitated, mutilated and left in intersections, front lawns etc...
Future serial killer.
This armchair psychologist thinks that these evil people have serious control issues.

They often choose cats as targets, and, when they graduate to humans, they target women. What do these things have in common? Control. Cats don't respond to orders like dogs. You make suggestions to a cat and he/she responds depending on how well you treat them. Kinda like women.

ricks99
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
2oldman wrote:
I was so moved by the ASPCA ads showing them rescuing animals from horrible abuse, that I joined up and make regular donations. And if they have an urgent need I will gift more. I can't watch those ads anymore, I just FF through them.

I also donate to Keepers of the Wild in Valentine AZ. It's a small sanctuary on my way south for the winter. Lots of big cats.. I love those. Breaks my heart to see any animal abused or neglected. Thank heaven for the caring people in those industries.

You ought to look into how the ASPCA spends their money. That โ€œurgent needโ€ just might be a $100k bonus to the CEO.

They're actually not bad: https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=3286

But be aware that the overwhelming majority of their work and effort is in NYC and probably have very little impact on you're area (unless your in NYC). Personally, I prefer local charities, or at least organizations that impact my community.
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 (aka Rusty)
2017 Kodiak 172e Hybrid (aka Roxy)

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
"and open a rescue hospital for animals." A wonderful goal but financing will be difficult. Her student loan payments alone will be how much?

Don't discourage, encourage. Maybe even help her find a way. I'm sure she understands how difficult this might be.

You should. Edwin Sayers received almost $600,000 in compensation when he left in 2013. Wayne Pacelle who earned millions as an animal rightist earned over $350K in 1994. Current CEO makes $538K salary. Estimates are 35-38% of every dollar goes to salaries and overhead. It's run as a business and not a charitable organization. Couldn't find actual bonus numbers or if the CEO even gets one but at over half a mil compensation undoubtedly he gets one.

There have been a number of incidents here that have been horrible. One person tortured his girlfriend's puppy while another buried his girlfriend's dog alive. It was rescued but later died. Future serial killers is right.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I was so moved by the ASPCA ads showing them rescuing animals from horrible abuse, that I joined up and make regular donations. And if they have an urgent need I will gift more. I can't watch those ads anymore, I just FF through them.

I also donate to Keepers of the Wild in Valentine AZ. It's a small sanctuary on my way south for the winter. Lots of big cats.. I love those. Breaks my heart to see any animal abused or neglected. Thank heaven for the caring people in those industries.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Currently in Mesa Az.....cats being cut in half, decapitated, mutilated and left in intersections, front lawns etc.

Clean severs ------surgical cuts.

Future serial killer.
Not all can be attributed to 'mental illness'--------many times it is just plain EVIL
Not everything is a disease!!!
Unfortunately probably truth to that. If you remember BTK in Wichita got his start torturing animals then moved to people.

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
sgip2000 wrote:
path1 wrote:
Sick people.. bro in law told me about a nut having sex with a beaver.

https://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/police-arrest-man-for-allegedly-having-sex-with-dying-...

Put these people down as the animals they are.

Beaver is beaver.

A little crude dude
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Currently in Mesa Az.....cats being cut in half, decapitated, mutilated and left in intersections, front lawns etc.

Clean severs ------surgical cuts.

Future serial killer.
Not all can be attributed to 'mental illness'--------many times it is just plain EVIL
Not everything is a disease!!!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
Cruelty to animals is easy to fathom when you considered the cruelty man can inflict on each other.
Yeah, I guess so, but animals are totally innocent, and have no defense.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
While the wackos are the exception.
Man can treat his fellow man horribly without conscience. Just look at any of the mass shootings,especially Las Vegas. Then there is 9/11.
Cruelty to animals is easy to fathom when you considered the cruelty man can inflict on each other.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
There is a mom and her friend in jail for the friend kidnapping a infant settimg him on fire a few blocks down the road then went to work after

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Just to put it in perspective there is a heck of a lot more good people then bad but news tends to highlight the negative. I think most people have compassion and empathy for there fellow man and companion animal's.