cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A wally receiver ofr 63.00 - good deal?

jodeb720
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not much for falling for deals, but this one looks good.

PPLMotorhomes dot com has a Dish Wally HD Receiver for 62.99.

I think it's a good deal - but I'm doing a gut check here.

Can someone tell me if this is as good a deal as I think it is?

Also, if I connect an external USB, I've seen a discussion that you can record while your watching (it has two built in tuners) - but you need an upgrade. Is that correct and if so, what's the cost of the upgrade?

Thanks!

josh

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/entertainment-comfort-camping/tv-antennas-tv-satellites-electronics/satellite-systems/wally-hd-receiver_24-1137
6 REPLIES 6

jodeb720
Explorer
Explorer
Bill & Dutch,

Thanks so much for the info. That's exactly what I wanted to know!!!

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
After activating, just plug in the USB EHD and the software will update to add the standard record/playback/timer controls. If you're using one of the full sized multi-LNB dishes, a second tuner will also be enabled. The optional USB OTA adapter will add even more tuner options for the OTA channels.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You have to call DISH and have them activate the DVR service. There is a one time $40 charge for this option and it covers all receivers on the account. You will want to already have the receiver setup on the account, active and updated before adding your HD and having DISH activate the service.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

jodeb720
Explorer
Explorer
12th Man & Dutch,

Thanks for the replies.

I had to go through most of the check out but it's 9.99 for shipping and no sales tax (I'm in CA) the total comes to 72.98. Not a bad deal.

I still have questions about using it as a DVR (on my own usb hard drive).
Can you record to this unit (I've read you can, but you have to upgrade the firmware to enable the option - and if so, do you have to pay for it?)

Thanks again!

josh

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
How much is shipping from PPL? If you have Amazon Prime's free 2-day shipping, they have the Wally for $77.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
I paid $80 each for two a couple months ago. The cheapest I could find at the time.
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition