cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide out won't close

Firefighter4929
Explorer
Explorer
We have our 2014 Primetime Lacrosse 324RST parked on a friends property and have been there for a month. In preparing to leave, we found the bedroom slide out will not retract. It doesn't have a way of manually moving it as the other two slides do. It sounds as if only one of the motors that drives it is operational, yet I can't see how to get at it.

Any suggestions as to how to access it and more importantly what I can do to get the slide out in so we can get home?
9 REPLIES 9

jimlj
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a used tt with a slide, but got no owners manual in the transaction. The slide works great, but I was concerned with how to get it in when the day comes when it stops working. I removed several pieces of wood trim and panels until I found the hex fitting dadechil mentioned.

fdwt994
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like you have a Schwintek slide. Watch this video:

Troubleshooting Tips for Schwintek In-Wall Slide System

Good luck, let us know how it works out.
2018 F250 6.2 Crew Cab
2018 Salem Hemisphere GLX 312QBUD
A family who loves to camp!

LVJJJ
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
bgum wrote:
Mowingman has it right. You couldn't give me a slide. Nothing but trouble. Had a bedroom slide leak and cost me over $2000 to fix. The living room slide pulled all the 12 volt and 120 volt loose. Nothing but headaches.

Here we go, always someone that's got to turn a decent conversation into some kind of devisive argument and push their own off beat agenda.
That's not what this thread is about at all.

x2
1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
I would figure out what slide I have and then find the manual online.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

dadechil
Explorer
Explorer
generally you have to access the slide motor. most have a removable end plug with a hex fitting put a hex bit in a cordless drill to spin the motor and see if the slide will move

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
bgum wrote:
Mowingman has it right. You couldn't give me a slide. Nothing but trouble. Had a bedroom slide leak and cost me over $2000 to fix. The living room slide pulled all the 12 volt and 120 volt loose. Nothing but headaches.

Here we go, always someone that's got to turn a decent conversation into some kind of devisive argument and push their own off beat agenda.
That's not what this thread is about at all.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer

mowingman
Explorer
Explorer
If the motor runs, and it is a Lippert slide, more than likely the stupid plastic gear that moves the slide is broken. Ours was on a bedroom slide, and the mechanism is under the floor of the bed structure. The underbed storage had a plywood floor that came out with 6 screws, and there was the broken gear, in plain site.
If you can find the machinery, you can unhook the gear rail and push the slide in by hand.
If it is an older slide, Lippert does not make any parts, and aftermarket gears are not available. My gear was built by a local machine shop, using the old plastic one as a model.
good luck.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Need to know what kind of slide system. Can you see an aluminum strip of gearing on the sides of the s/o?
Every s/o has a way to manually close it. Best to find out how before it happens! 😉