cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you cover your MH?

Sastma
Explorer
Explorer
Considering getting a cover. Wondering if we’d regret it, finding it too much of a hassle. I’m pretty diligent at keeping it clean and keep it well waxed. We take a weekend trip about once a month and a couple one to two week trips per year.
We park it next to the house on its own cement driveway. We live in Phoenix so we get plenty of sun and heat.
Our MH is a 34 footer.
Love to hear your insights.

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
I recently saw a trailer owner that had a cargo box mounted to his roof. When he pulled the cover off, it went into the cargo box. When it was time to use the cover, it was pulled out of the box and deployed over the trailer.

Thought that was a great way to handle a large cover.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Sastma wrote:
Timmac wrote:

Your weather is the same as mine, hot and dry, try this as a cover, keeps the sun off RV but does not allow heat build up like it does under a metal carport so you can run the a/c's and cost a lot less..

Nice setup... Unfortunately the winds we had this past monsoon season would have left that in my neighbors yard. 😉
I’m going to give the cover a try and once I figure out how to post pictures here I share with you all.

Our winds here in Vegas are also brutal, my sunshade structure has been up for over 3 years now and even been thru 65 mph wind and very little damage, just a few small holes in fabric, the wind blows right thru the sun screen fabric, but you do need a strong frame to start with..

:C

Sastma
Explorer
Explorer
Timmac wrote:

Your weather is the same as mine, hot and dry, try this as a cover, keeps the sun off RV but does not allow heat build up like it does under a metal carport so you can run the a/c's and cost a lot less..

Nice setup... Unfortunately the winds we had this past monsoon season would have left that in my neighbors yard. 😉
I’m going to give the cover a try and once I figure out how to post pictures here I share with you all.

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I covered ours when it sat outside if I was not going to use it for awhile. It is fairly windy here and I always kept it as tight as possible. I padded the sharp edges. It may have slightly worn a couple small spots from the wind but I felt that it protected it much more from UV and weather than it hurt it. We have hot summers and cold snowy winters here. It is not a lot of fun to put one on but I only did it a couple times a year.
Best wishes.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Sastma wrote:
Considering getting a cover. Wondering if we’d regret it, finding it too much of a hassle. I’m pretty diligent at keeping it clean and keep it well waxed. We take a weekend trip about once a month and a couple one to two week trips per year.
We park it next to the house on its own cement driveway. We live in Phoenix so we get plenty of sun and heat.
Our MH is a 34 footer.
Love to hear your insights.

Thanks

Custom built...

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes I do but with a carport. 🙂
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Nothing seems to destroy the outside of an RV more than UV. If you want it to look new as long as possible, keep the UV off it at all costs.
I used and Adco cover for 12 years. Never had any damage and it kept the TT looking like new. We never had any buffeting wind though. If you live in a windy area, it may not be a good idea.
I park the new trailer under a carport.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
No. If I had a garage or some type of shelter yes.
I covered my first class c once. Some say it causes damage from rubbing.
Mine is 21 years old and still shines and is outside.
Hmmm only pic I have on my phone

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Big_Redneck
Explorer
Explorer
Keep it in the garage when not in use. Always have.
We don't travel as much as we use to. I guess we are getting old.I want to go out west one more time.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
AZ ,I would ,that sun eats rubber and does no good on the finesh. could you put a car port up?

Larrysr1957
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 34 footer i keep ours covered it gives me a chance to inspect our roof to make sure there are no places it could possibly leak. The first few times you cover it its a pain but you get use to doing it and it gets eadier.