cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cast Iron Chefs - Guisado de Puerco con Tomatillos

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been exploring Mexican and South American recipes for my cast iron campfire dutch oven. Tried this one last night and it was great. Bonus - uses cheap cuts of pork.

I added more garlic (5 cloves) than the recipe called for and it was perfect for us.Pork Stew in Green Salsa (Guisado de Puerco con Tomatillos)
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
2 REPLIES 2

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
DeanRIowa wrote:
I have had this pork stew many times, but it was always cooked in claypot. I may have to try making it in a dutch oven, I guess anything made in claypot could easily be made in a dutch oven.

Thank you for bringing up this recipe.

Dean

Pretty much anything can be made in a DO except ice cream. But I hear someone is working on doing that too.:W
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
I have had this pork stew many times, but it was always cooked in claypot. I may have to try making it in a dutch oven, I guess anything made in claypot could easily be made in a dutch oven.

Thank you for bringing up this recipe.

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie