cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cruise control- Magestic, 2000, e450

CaptR
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, couch is new to me and working bugs out one by one. The cruise control has not worked, light doesn’t come up on dash test mode I read about or pushing on switch. (tried ignition switch on, pushing trip meter to ck dash warning lights- feature must not be on this model). After further reading, I bought a new cruise control MC switch, went to install it and can’t find it... unless it’s on the bottom (and don’t see wires from down there) I’m baffled where it could be! There is a wired plug that goes into the plastic fluid reservoir but no metal wrench fitting like the replacement part and certainly not in the master cylinder- probably a sensor for low fluid.

Am I missing something? Thx
4 REPLIES 4

CaptR
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all, I looked at additional Youtube and learned the old looks much diffferent than the replacement and indeed what I found but buried under the reservoir tank is it. Access is impossible with an open end wrench without removing a bunch of stuff unlike F150’s and other model videos . I couldn’t even get the wire harness connector off of it- 1/2” to 1” clearances for fingers, needle nose, etc. now that I know it’s it, I’ll focus harder... Take 2 tomorrow and see if I do any better with my limited tools as I’m on the road in Kanab, Utah 🙂

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
Check your brake lights. If they are on they will turn the cruise control off.
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe thisYoutube Video may be of help.:@
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

path1
Explorer
Explorer
If me, I would look for better info on Ford specific forums. Make sure you get info for year of van, not year of RV, might be different. Also better in mind maybe CA did something. Our 2003 wiring to cig lighter was wired differently than OEM. Reason was renters plugged in way to many devices that overloaded fuse, so they rewired it more heavy duty. Also Ford had a problem. Maybe yours wasn't fixed? http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/16/ford.vehicle.faq/
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"