I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s
17 REPLIES 17

MrWizard
a/c uses about 1600-1800 watts

the solar should carry at least one a/c

can use the genny in the evening IF he wants to use a/c without loading the battery

by staying out of really hot weather he doesn't have to be concerned about that
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
allen8106 wrote:
pnichols wrote:
Given that, I assume that they also have adequate generator capacity on board for when things don't go as planned with Mother Nature.

With that big of battery bank he doesn't have to worry much about what mother nature throws at him! With all those panels he'll harvest some energy even on cloudy days.

I was thinking more about a string of back-to-back hot days when even that solar capacity can't keep those batteries topped up high enough to run the A/C long enough to stay comfortable well enough.

Of course with a full main fuel tank I guess that idling the main engine could always make up the difference for awhile. (At least that's what the Earthroamer designers are counting on with their generator-less air conditioning configurations.)

What we all need is solar panels with way higher conversion efficiencies. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
Given that, I assume that they also have adequate generator capacity on board for when things don't go as planned with Mother Nature.

With that big of battery bank he doesn't have to worry much about what mother nature throws at him! With all those panels he'll harvest some energy even on cloudy days.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
free radical wrote:
pnichols wrote:
Watch "The Postman" to get an idea on how long lone folks by themselves out in the middle of nowhere - regardless of RV solar watts or water tank sizes - will be left alone to live in any Garden of Eden bubble they might temporarily erect around themselves.

Hordes of hoodlums runnning all over the place in 4X4's and on motorcycles - all with automatic weapons - will easily find and wipe out any RV'ers trying to live safely in their DIY Bug-Out rigs. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I suspect that all RVers and bug out folk living in the wilderness are all well armed also..

Watching Holywood fantasy isnt very healthy for persons mind..there wont be any apocalyptic scenarios humanity is way too advanced for that

Humanity always reserves the right to surprise us. :S

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
Watch "The Postman" to get an idea on how long lone folks by themselves out in the middle of nowhere - regardless of RV solar watts or water tank sizes - will be left alone to live in any Garden of Eden bubble they might temporarily erect around themselves.

Hordes of hoodlums runnning all over the place in 4X4's and on motorcycles - all with automatic weapons - will easily find and wipe out any RV'ers trying to live safely in their DIY Bug-Out rigs. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I suspect that all RVers and bug out folk living in the wilderness are all well armed also..

Watching Holywood fantasy isnt very healthy for persons mind..there wont be any apocalyptic scenarios humanity is way too advanced for that

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Gotta be smarter than the problem

Greet trespassers dressed like this

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
echo

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
pnichols wrote:
Video explained all the defense hardware was in the trailer. :B

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Go to any urban high school and look at what's standing around in the playground. The zombies are waiting in the wings.

Of course there goes my dream of living next door to a natural gas field armed with a 500Kw Worthington natural gas engine, a clipboard, a calculator and reading glasses to keep track of the sell back power meter.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Unless you are planning for an end of civilization event, this might be considered over-kill by just the tiniest margin!
Not even close to enough for a zombie apocalypse.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Oops, double post - too much energy - lol

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Well Iโ€™ve been getting by without a hitch using a table top DIY cold-fusion reactor in a lead-lined Mason jar - Got this awesome, affordable kit while at Burning Man!!...Now Iโ€™ve made tons of new pals when camping off-grid in the high Nevada desert, and the accompanying hi-freq RF is great deterrent to snakes too!!

3 tons

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unless you are planning for an end of civilization event, this might be considered over-kill by just the tiniest margin!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?