cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

location of drain plug on 2012 coachman freelander

adnil71049
Explorer
Explorer
Filled on board water tanks completely full, for dry docking, ok Now I want to drain them,, lose the weight, will have full hook ups from now on (I think). Cant find the drain plug, in elementary terms, Im an older lady,, I've googled it, chacked Utube,,, lots of information, but not on my 2012 Coachman Freelander

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
6 REPLIES 6

adnil71049
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help, found them,, and they were under the stove

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
I am not a Class C owner, but I have recently been helping a friend diagnose this same problem on his Coachman Freelander in order to empty his freshwater tank. After reading “KennyBoy’s” post below and now this post, I am scratching my head as to why Coachman has designed such a convoluted, complicated system to accomplish the simple task of emptying a freshwater holding tank. Had the guy who designed this particular feature ever gone camping before? It makes me wonder.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

Newbiecampers
Explorer
Explorer
Our Coachmen Freelander 21QB fresh water tank drain line is under the drawer that is under the oven. The low-point drain valves are also in the same spot.

Open the drawer and check behind it on the floor.

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer
adnil71049 wrote:
Cant find the drain plug

You don't say WHICH Coachmen Freelander you have so I will assume.

I had a 2014 Coachmen Freelander 28QB and now have a 2013 Coachmen Freelander 29QB. Both of mine had a walk-around queen bed against the back wall.

The "Low Point" water drains for the hot line, cold line, and fresh water tank, were located under the foot of the bed on the DRIVER'S side.

If that is your layout, you may need someone to help you. With or without the mattress on the bed frame, lift the board under the foot of the bed and look down on the drivers side.

You will see 3 yellow brass valves with black handles screwed to the floor. The tank drain is the most rearward of the three. Rotate it counter-clockwise to drain.

This picture is sort of what it looks like, BUT I only have 2 valves. I have moved the tank drain to outside of the RV.

If your's is NOT like mine, sorry, but I cannot help you.

Tim