cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windshield Wipers

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 2007 Allergo 32BA that I need to replace the windshield wipers on....I went to my local NAPA store & they couldn't help me...does anyone here have the same coach that could tell me where to buy some wipers?
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
18 REPLIES 18

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Their books and computers do not list RV's.. I took a tape measure to mine.. 28" as I recall. (yours may be different) and all was good.. I did have to drill out a hole a bit to mount 'em but .. they work great.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I get mine at NAPA. Ask for the store manager, if you need help.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

MrWizard
my wipers are held on by screws thru the arm to the blade, not U-hooks or snap in pins etc.. 1997 Bounder
rubber NOT refillable, not spring clip rubber filler replacements

i took a blade to NAPA
they matched me up with the correct size blade and adapter fittings for the blades with new screws to fasten the new blades to the ARM

blades $9.48 each adapter fittings $9+, total $31.xx
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
want-a-be wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
I seriously doubt thaat Tiffan or any MH mfg has special made wipers. If you cant find the size you need at your local auto parts store check with a truck stop. They will have longer ones for large trucks.

Well doubting Thomas!! Give them a call!!

Lol

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Executive wrote:
WalMart has RainX supreme blades for $9.48. Get the 28" ones and you're in business. I just replaced both of mine and I don't even drive in the rain...Dennis

This works on my Allegro 36LA.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just replace the rubber strip. $11. A little tedious but not bad.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Walmart and check their wiper selection.
I also changed to a slightly shorter wiper which is a lot cheaper.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
2 times using 28 inch blade. Mine from factory were 32 inch blades. Replaced with 28 inch and cannot tell any difference. Never looked at the sky through where the top 2inches were nor down on the road where the bottom 2 inches cover. Pay less than $10 versus $35 or 40.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
If you're not adverse to changing just the rubber part, you can find inserts at Amazon for $8 for various sizes. Get one either exactly the right size or one slightly bigger and just cut it with scissors.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
WalMart has RainX supreme blades for $9.48. Get the 28" ones and you're in business. I just replaced both of mine and I don't even drive in the rain...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
I seriously doubt thaat Tiffan or any MH mfg has special made wipers. If you cant find the size you need at your local auto parts store check with a truck stop. They will have longer ones for large trucks.

Well doubting Thomas!! Give them a call!!

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem finding a wiper that would fit. I called Tiffin at Red Bay and was told I would not find anything at the box stores that would fit because they are special made for Tiffin! The cost was $44.94 for two plus $17.67 shipping! By the way the new ones are not very good!! Good Luck

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
try this as well
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle