cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Loading the new motor home

RRTom
Explorer
Explorer
Just pulled a lot of the RV related items out of the garage in preparation of putting them in the new motor home. Taking what came out of a 40'er and putting it into a 29'er is going to require some selective elimination. 2 lawn chairs instead of 5, no Christmas decorations. One pink flamingo instead of a flock. But it will be fun and make a little more room in the garage.
2020 Georgetown GT 31LS
10 REPLIES 10

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
eheading wrote:
We went from a 41'motorhome to a 34' motorhome a few years ago. We found a lot of things we didn't need!!! And after 4 years, I really haven't missed them.

Ed Headington

Something similar at the S&B, remodeled after 38 years in the same house. In 8 hours we move almost everything out of the house. Four years later, we have an almost minamalist home and very little room in the garage.
9esterday I needed an apron because the DW made spaghetti and splatter paint sauce. Found about 12 dish clothes and six flour sack "t" towels along with a dozen kitchen hand towels. They have been sitting there for years, unmolested and growing a stale smell.

In business school, we talked about the Vacuum of Power Theory. In RVing, it is the Power of an Empty Drawer Theory. If it is empty, she who must be obeyed, must fill it.

In the late 59's, early 60's, I had an 18" x 18" x 24" inch space and a 3" x 32" x 72" space to hold every personal item, including clothes for a 100 day patrol. Motor Homes arespacious next to a diesel electric submarine. Now I have almost twice that space for 12 or 14 weeks and many campgrounds have laundrys. Whooie!
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

eheading
Explorer
Explorer
We went from a 41'motorhome to a 34' motorhome a few years ago. We found a lot of things we didn't need!!! And after 4 years, I really haven't missed them.

Ed Headington

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe put in some empty boxes to save room for more things you come to need.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

RRTom
Explorer
Explorer
My wife says the flamingo goes with us. Happy wife, happy life.
2020 Georgetown GT 31LS

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I like flamingos. We have 2 plastic ones of our own we take with us. I think you should keep the flamingos!

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
I would leave the flamingo at home. ๐Ÿ™‚

No, if you leave it out and have empty space, you will have to spend $$ to purchase something even more worthless to fill that space. That is the way it works.:B

RRTom
Explorer
Explorer
Isaac-1 wrote:
My advice is to get 4 corner weights first so you can appropriately balance the load.

My plan is to load it and then get the 4 corner weights and adjust from there. But I have a pretty good feel for it. The last one I had weighed at the FMCA rally in Indio, and the guys doing the weighing complimented me on how well balanced it was.

But you are right, getting it weighed is important.
2020 Georgetown GT 31LS

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
My advice is to get 4 corner weights first so you can appropriately balance the load.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I would leave the flamingo at home. ๐Ÿ™‚

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
No matter. If you take it, you won't need it. If you leave it, you'll need it.
Murphy's other law!
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)