cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another idiot in Yellowstone!!

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm thought I posted this, but I was on my phone and maybe it didn’t work?!!

Idiot at Old faithful!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
29 REPLIES 29

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
2gypsies wrote:

…. and they find fried animals in the thermal areas all the time

Not fried........Boiled or steamed maybe, but not fried, unless someone has dumped a tanker of Mazola 😉
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Rice wrote:
Isaac-1 wrote:
To those that complain about him damaging the environment, yes he would have left footprints that may take years to fade completely away. However if you go to any of the major thermal features in Yellowstone you can find wildlife footprints on those same fragile surfaces.

So we should just let anybody and everybody walk on it?

azdryheat wrote:
Guess what, people were walking on that land long before it became owned by the federal government.

Same question to you: We should just let anybody and everybody walk on it?

…. and if they fell in can you imagine the law suit?

…. and they find fried animals in the thermal areas all the time
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
Isaac-1 wrote:
To those that complain about him damaging the environment, yes he would have left footprints that may take years to fade completely away. However if you go to any of the major thermal features in Yellowstone you can find wildlife footprints on those same fragile surfaces.

So we should just let anybody and everybody walk on it?

azdryheat wrote:
Guess what, people were walking on that land long before it became owned by the federal government.

Same question to you: We should just let anybody and everybody walk on it?

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
It sounds like he's ready for a psych evaluation. I hope he gets help before he hurts someone.

I agree with you. I think he needs more help than jail time.

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
Winters coming, just looking up some free room and board with TV.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
This clown needs a little discipline in his life, maybe some jail time and then a stint in the Marines!

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I think he has already initiated the psych evaluation. And it’s not looking good!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

dedmiston
It sounds like he's ready for a psych evaluation. I hope he gets help before he hurts someone.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
This fool raised his ugly head again yesterday in Cheyenne, WY. Get this clown in the Iron Wigwam NOW!

https://www.kgwn.tv/content/news/Crash-car-fire-after-chase-through-Cheyenne-493768991.html

huachuca
Explorer
Explorer
The guy in Yellowstone should be charged and heavily fined and/or jailed but don't make the mistake of thinking the NPS is infallible and anyone questioning their authority is advocating full rebellion. Look into the implementation and evolution of permit requirements for vehicle access to beaches at Cape Hatteras NS.

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
I think there are much more terrible things going in our world than some nut leaving the boardwalk and walking around a geyser. Guess what, people were walking on that land long before it became owned by the federal government.

I guess I'm somewhat of a radical when it comes to the National Parks. We the people own those parks yet we get no say in their operation and are forced to pay an entry fee. Rangers are not elected and are unaccountable to we the people yet they set the rules and policies for the parks, whether we agree or not. It's like the police creating the laws and enforcing said laws, which is absurd.

Sounds like you've never been a volunteer in a national park to really know what goes on behind the scenes. I really dislike it when I hear "we own the parks and we should be able to do what we want". Our parks are maintained and have rules to keep our parks for future generations. If there was a free-for-all attitude our parks would be completely trashed.

2gypsies, your words are so very true. A free-for-all in our parks would mean total destruction in short order. I am saddened by negative actions from some of society. Look around us, ignorance is abundantly present.

Enjoy our national, state, and local parks while you can, for future generations may not share the same privilege.

Lakeside

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
I think there are much more terrible things going in our world than some nut leaving the boardwalk and walking around a geyser. Guess what, people were walking on that land long before it became owned by the federal government.

I guess I'm somewhat of a radical when it comes to the National Parks. We the people own those parks yet we get no say in their operation and are forced to pay an entry fee. Rangers are not elected and are unaccountable to we the people yet they set the rules and policies for the parks, whether we agree or not. It's like the police creating the laws and enforcing said laws, which is absurd.

Sounds like you've never been a volunteer in a national park to really know what goes on behind the scenes. I really dislike it when I hear "we own the parks and we should be able to do what we want". Our parks are maintained and have rules to keep our parks for future generations. If there was a free-for-all attitude our parks would be completely trashed.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
kellertx5er wrote:
azdryheat wrote:

The fact that there are worse offenses than breaking park rules does not justify breaking said rules.

Park rangers and police DO NOT create the rules or laws within their jurisdiction. They ENFORCE the laws which are enacted by others.

Great point kellertx. Rangers and police doing the job they took an oath to do. Some out they use every chance they get to bash authority. A little more respect would be appropriate.

The idiot walking on the geyser was out of his mind. Absolutely clueless to the danger of his actions.

Lakeside

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
saw an update article.
A Colorado man was arrested after allegedly leaving the trail at Yellowstone National Park, approaching the Old Faithful geyser and then appearing to urinate or attempt to urinate into it.
bumpy