cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newport aquarium and creation museum

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
My question is, can I do both of these in one day? We are planning the Ark encounter on a Tuesday and these sites on a Wednesday. We will be staying at Big Bone Lick State Park. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Jo, you have been very helpful.

Kentucky__Jo
Explorer
Explorer
They have a nice little museum at Big Bone and an easy to walk trail where you can see the bison. At the Creation Museum, there is a nice garden behind the museum.Walking the Purple People Bridge is fun.

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, we added another day to our trip, This is next week, Monday at the ark, Tuesday at the aquarium and walk along the river and maybe the people bridge and Wednesday to the museum. Thanks for your suggestions. We are staying at Big Bone state park so would like some time at the camper.

Kentucky__Jo
Explorer
Explorer
Plenty of good places to eat next to the Aquarium. There is parking right at each location. If you want restaurant suggestions near the Aquarium, I can help as we only live five minutes from the Aquarium.

Kentucky__Jo
Explorer
Explorer
One full day is needed at the Ark, especially if you like to read a lot of the information provided. I think you need two, maybe,three hours at the aquarium, depending on your interest. Need several hours at the Creation Museum. You might not see everything, but I think you will feel like you saw plenty. You also have to allow at least 30 minutes driving time between aquarium and Creation Museum.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
You could spend 2-3 days at the Ark, but we did it in one day. We have done the aquarium in an afternoon (with kids) and the creation museum in 5-6 hours. I hope that answers your question.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW