cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram trucks from 2015 through the 2017 recall

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Fiat Chrysler is recalling 1.4 million Ram pickup trucks equipped with a power locking tailgate that...

Fiat Chrysler is recalling 1.4 million Ram pickup trucks equipped with a power locking tailgate that may malfunction and open unexpectedly.
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.
19 REPLIES 19

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Parts are out there, but they are limiting dealers to small amounts based on what they sold.
All it is is a small rubber block that goes into the actuator somot doesn’t over extend and pop the tailgate open. If you don’t have the power tailgate then it’s not part of it.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
They fixed mine last week while I has having the oil changed.
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
It is not a clip, it is a piece of rubber about .500 X .375 X . 375 that limits the movement of the locking arm keeping it from over extending. I'll post a pick of it later.

Don

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Learjet wrote:
the question remains why the 8' beds are excluded?

It's punishment for the "short" people as GOD did not intend for Man to have short bed trucks. 😉

I got lucky ,no recall on my 2014 Megacab short bed, don't know why. I was sure I was doomed with a short bed 🙂

boshog
Explorer
Explorer
RobWNY wrote:
My dealer told me they don't have the parts to fix this recall issue and won't have them until the end of October at the earliest

Try another dealer, parts are available. I had mine in this morning for the tailgate recall, took them 20 minutes to install the clip.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Video explaining why it drops.

Note if you had this repaired on your dime, FCA will reimburse you.

Don

As for the long bed short bed debate, I said I would never buy a short bed truck but since all you can get in a half ton crew cab is a short box so I had no choice. Didn't need a HD truck any longer so I went to a half ton. Looked at the 6'4" bed but only a woman would think seven more inches was worth paying for! LOL

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got a call today from an Arizona dealer that I have used for earlier recalls. They said they had parts and scheduled an appointment for early Oct. I asked about the The Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI) T79 recall. They say it was completed on 7/19/2018. Truck has not been near a dealer after the water pump recall in the spring. NHTSA site and RAM site both say the T79 is not complete. Go figure. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
First I've heard of this. Love my Power locking tailgate though!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Got my tailgate recall done last week. This reminds me I need to check it out. I haven't noticed the telltale sound of the the tailgate locking/unlocking with the other doors since the recall.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
Real men don't use lightweight pickups for work. The truck I use to actually work has an 11' bed and carries the weight of a a baby cc lb truck around 100% of the time before I even put a load in it. You long bed only guys are funny. You just have to be smarter than the load you are hauling.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
My wife calls short bed trucks, half trucks! Then there's the reals short bed trucks of under 6', and she calls them one quarter trucks! I certainly agree!

We have had no problems parking any of our CC Long Box Trucks in over 20 years in parking lots as you can either pull thru when the over 11' floor length TC is on across the 2 inline parking row spaces or when the TC is off for 5th wheel use, parking on an angle on an end row single space spot.

For short garages? Not that hard to accomodate a longer vehicle inside etc. Just relocate and rebuild the end wall of the garage out 1 foot or two or even 3 or more by putting a required strength beam across the top near the ceiling and moving the lower wall and having a shingled matching exterior roof slanted downward to match the esisting roof and then enclosing the sides and covered with same or appropriate siding to look like it was part of the original home construction. Lots of owners are doing this to their homes around here even if they do not have a long truck as it adds so much extra space in their garage especially in older homes for storage space items. Not expensive to do and little or no permits are required if you own the home.

It adds to the value resale. The garage is non-living space and NOT part of the home's living space and doesn't fall under the same building codes. Renters or condo owners have what they have unless they can get an OK from the owning or governing authority. One of the advantages of home ownership and/or not having to deal with HOA and having your own control!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
So, with my almost 7 foot bed, does that mean I'm a real boy or a fake man, or something else?
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

DakotaDad
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently we need more real men as contractors and architects, too. My garage will fit a short bed truck, but not a long bed, thus excluding me from the club!
Jason, Angie, and our boys, Sean (13) and Liam (8)
Now with Radar and Daisy, both Boston Terriers. Missing Artemus the Labrador, gone on ahead.
2016 Ram 3500 CC Big Horn - 6.7 Cummins - B&W RVK3600 hitch
2015 Palomino Sabre 33RETS Platinum fifth wheel

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree , real men will not buy a short truck .