cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2010 Dutch Aire 110v AC Issues

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
On 8/8/18, we traded our 2004 Dutch Star for a 2010 Dutch Aire DP. We officially took possession on 8/17/18 after it had reportedly been inspected by the dealer and the installation of several add-ons that we had requested. After the transfer was complete, we began travelling around to different locations. As of this date we have lost 110v ac power 17 times on 8 different occasions. This had at different times of the time, but has not been a daily occurrence. The power will go off and stay off for 30 seconds to 1-2 minutes and the generally restart once or more times before it stay running. The Progressive EMS has given several messages: high ac voltage on L-1 or high ac voltage on L-2, or line frequency high. The odd thing is that any roof airs that maybe running at the time do not always shutdown. Just now had shutdown #3 for today @ 9:45P. High ac voltage shown this time. What I have done the last several days this has occurred is shut off all breakers on the inverter side, wait 30 seconds +- and turn each on. This seems to cause everything to come back to life. Anyone have any clues as to the possible cause(s) or has had similar occurrences.
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487
25 REPLIES 25

newlee
Explorer
Explorer
?
Dan & Pat Newhall
Central California
2003 Newmar Kountry Star DP 3353
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
1995 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 Toad
1995 Jeep Wrangler Toad (KISA RCK}

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
JC2 wrote:
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Check another outlet with A/C unit going to power test the electricals. Just a tip ๐Ÿ™‚

OK What are we possibly looking for if/when I do this? The other sites that I could go to are currently filled and we will be leaving here this coming Sun.

You want to see the actual line voltage in the RV when the AC/s are running. That will tell you if you have loose/bad connections at the breaker box or elsewhere. This is a long shot, but takes 30 seconds to check. Doug

Thanks Doug..
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
JC2 wrote:
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Check another outlet with A/C unit going to power test the electricals. Just a tip ๐Ÿ™‚

OK What are we possibly looking for if/when I do this? The other sites that I could go to are currently filled and we will be leaving here this coming Sun.

You want to see the actual line voltage in the RV when the AC/s are running. That will tell you if you have loose/bad connections at the breaker box or elsewhere. This is a long shot, but takes 30 seconds to check. Doug

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
No issues on gennie power and as of this posting, no further electrical issues. Beginning to think it was a cg power issue.

fairway2002
Explorer
Explorer
Has It done this with generator running or just shore power? Will help if its cord or transfer sw.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Have you inspected your shore power cord bodies? Could be a loose neutral in one of them. If you have a detachable cord inspect the receptacle on the coach.
Voltage readings indicate this.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Underground faults in the park can cause this condition.
Also faults in the pedastal

Jerry parr
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
Update: On Friday 09/21/18, I ordered a new Progressive Dynamic EMS 50A hardwired and a new Progressive Dynamic PD52 Auto Transfer Switch 50a. Today, both were installed between 10:30a-1:00p. In the next 30-25 minutes, I incurred (2) brief shutdowns of ac power with the first showing no error code and the second showing an error code of PE-7-(Line Frequency High-67Hz)should be 60Hz +- 1-2.

At 2:45p another brief 15-30 second shutdown/reboot of ac power with an error code of PE-5(L-2 High Voltage)

At 5:25p another brief 15-30 second shutdown/reboot with and error message of PE-5(L-2 High Voltage).

Right after the install completion at 1p, the incoming voltage from the park was checked with a "Fluke" brand meter and found to be stable @ 119-120 range. A few minutes later, several temp spikes were noted: 128v 129v 131.5v etc but then settled back to the 19-120 range. This is really starting to tick me off.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
It could have been the feed-through relay in the inverter closing. That would be normal.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
Roger10378 wrote:
You say you cycled the inverter to get things going again. Are you running off the inverter or shore power? If you are running on the inverter is it running thru the EMS? If you are running off the inverter it could be failing.

Several days ago when we were having one of our "off day occurrences"(pun intended) I thought I would chk all of the ac breakers and the breakers on the inverter side. After flipping all off, I started to turn each on, from the ac side and the inverter side. When I got to the 2nd to last one on the inverter side, I heard a click-click and the ac power game back on. Could have been coincidence at the time, I don't know. I don't run with the inverter on and matter of fact, I rarely use the inverter at all but had used the generator about 99.9% when the mh is moving.

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
You say you cycled the inverter to get things going again. Are you running off the inverter or shore power? If you are running on the inverter is it running thru the EMS? If you are running off the inverter it could be failing.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Not sure which model you have. This manual shows a three pole relay in the unit. You could have loose connection on the relay or a bad relay contact.
Manual

We have the EMS-HW50C hardwired unit. Thanks for the PDF file.