cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Playmaker

LarryDel
Explorer
Explorer
Any advice on what rv ladder mount would work best for the satellite Dish playmaker. Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
A ladder mount does NOT assume it will be used under way. It's just a convenient place to keep the antenna and when you park, it's ready to go. It's very rare that moving around in an RV will cause permanent loss of signal or even temporary loss. There is actually a fairly large cone allowing for movement without loss of signal.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
I see two problems. One, this antenna was never intended to be used while under way so it will lose track of the satellite if you are driving. Two, for the same reason, if parked and you don't have a solid leveler type support, only walking around in your RV may cause interruptions in your satellite connection.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If there is a ladder mount, there will only be one and it will be made by the folks that built the Playmaker.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I can't help with which mount to get but a mount that doesn't impeded your ability to get on the roof would be a good idea. I have a bicycle mount on my ladder and I'm so glad I got one I can swing out of the way so I can climb the ladder without it being a problem.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.