cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 12V power

Bfa61
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Winnebago Voyage 32V on a Workhorse chassis. New auxiliary batteries, new disconnect switch and still no power. I've checked all the fuses, breakers, etc and all good. Everything works when plugged into shoreline. Any suggestions?

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
18 REPLIES 18

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wondering if he found the trouble

My 12 volt "Tale of success" (Well beats woe) today.

About a year ago my inverter failed. Well I finally got a replacement but the connections are different (Different model original discontinued) so I put it in but I had to extend the 12 volt leads to make the connection since it's done differently. I used 4ga cause that's all I had.. Well today it's 00ga.. Got the upgrade done

In back of the inverter is a wire sandwich

Bolt head | Washer | lug on the end of 0000 wire from left bank | 00 to inverter | lug on 0000 from right bank | washer |nylock nut

All that is wrapped in insulating tape Fun job two of the lugs the holes were a bit small. thankfully I've a great hole enlarger (Tapered bit).

Over 500 amp hours between the two banks, 2,000 watt inverter, Makes coffee!!!
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a typical Winnebago set up.

I'm sure by now the OP has looked this up as suggested on the Winnebagoind.com site.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Had to delete this one too.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted, sorry

David Bishop
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Now I do not know what Battery Control System your Winnie has but my Damon has an Intelletec Battery Control center modified.. I have the non-modified schematics so . Here goes

How mine is set up.
Aux (house) batteries go to the AUX connector on the bottom of the BCC (this is a big black box under the hood driver's side).. House goes to the GENERATOR side.. MAIN is the Chassis battery.

On mine there is an 80 amp self resetting thermal breaker beside the box.. But that is the MODIFICATION. On the schematic there are TWO "Post type" manual reset breakers in teh bottom of the box. the Posts (Reset buttons) extend out the bottom of the box. Folks who have them tell me it takes a mighty push to re-set them.

How to test using a Test Light
A test light (Get it at any auto department, many hardware stores as well) is one of the handiest tools in my trouble shooting kit. YOu need only observe Bright, Dim. Dark. Two ways to do this I will start at the Battery.

Clip to negative Tip to battery positive BRIGHT good. DARK check to make sure bulb is properly set (I often have to reseat the bulb) and try again also if still no joy try on a different battery (Towed works) that is known good

Got bright light.. MOve clip to any non painted metal part (Bolts work well)

Still got bright light move out along the positive wire.. First tap the wire's terminal lug. Good ok find other end of wire and touch there. This will be a switch or breaker or solenoid. Touch other terminal of devce.. (On solenoids only the BIG terminals count) Keep this up till light does not light

Note you may have to move ground clip. IF after moving ground clip light does not light find a known good 12 volt source and test there.

Problem exists between light and dark.. UNLESS.

Up-thread I mentioned I have an Intelletec BCC.. Well this uses a remote switch to operate a latching solenoid.. THe remote switch failed.

Symptoms. .I pressed STORE.. I heard the CLUNK of the latching solenoid switching to OFF.. I pressed USE.. Silence. no sound at all

The fix. Remove power from switch (There isa 5 amp fuse in the BCC that will do it) Cycle like 50 times. restore power and 12 years later.... Still working.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MrWizard
maybe you dropped a wire (missing connection) when installing the new batteries
so the batteries are NOT connected to house 12v wiring
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
On my Winnie the Disconnect Switch is a latching relay(solenoid) and it seems to be that it could be hooked up wrong. There is a fuse on the relay and a wire for the actual on/off switch.

If you know enough to look at the relay, and follow the wires, go to Winnebagoind.com, go to resources and download the wiring for the 2006 Voyage. It may seem different than some schematics but it is fairly easy to follow.

The first check is to open up the compartment where the disconnect relay is and switch it on and off. You should feel and hear a click. I don't have my book open so I don't remember the color of the wires and switch.

Should be easy to trace.

If you don't know what to look for, get some help from a technician and have him show you what he is doing. It's your $125.00 an hour, he should let you watch and learn.

David Bishop
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
tropical36 wrote:
After the flack, the OP took with just trying to post his problem, we'll be lucky to hear from him or her, again.

Flack??? Be serious! He received a welcome...and an explanation of posting in the correct forum. Nothing was nasty or mean spirited. If that sent him to his "safe place" so be it.

Yes, you in fact did, so welcome him. I was speaking of the first post and even though educational as to proper procedure, it probably turned him off. It wouldn't bother many and they would just continue, so not sure if he ran off to some safety zone, or not and not like many never return after originally posting, anyway.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:
After the flack, the OP took with just trying to post his problem, we'll be lucky to hear from him or her, again.

Flack??? Be serious! He received a welcome...and an explanation of posting in the correct forum. Nothing was nasty or mean spirited. If that sent him to his "safe place" so be it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Could be a keyword here with having.....new batteries....and was it OK, previous to the install or not? Why was the disconnect switch changed and was it really bad or just for druthers?
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do I understand that you have no 12V power when disconnected but you have full use of all 12V (not 120V) systems when plugged in?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Now what fuses are you talking about? My DP has a main fuse located by the main batteries. Not sure if your RV has one.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
When was the last time you had good power and what did you change to make it go away?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes