cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tiffin Shorty Makeover: Kitchen Island

fred42
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Tiffin 28DA with almost no counterpace. Although not practical for short stops, we usually stay for 6 weeks and setup an island in the kitchen. It could also be setup as a peninsula if that works better. It is stored under the bed.

It started out as a plastic Lifetime model 80387, height adjustable plastic table ordered from Home Depot.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lifetime-4-ft-Almond-Commercial-Adjustable-Folding-Table-80387/205912079

Being height adjustable, it was a very versatile table. The height settings for this table are 24", 29", and 36". I only use it at counter height, 36", but at 24" it could also be a coffee table in front of the sofa. It could also have one side at 24" and the other at 29" and fit on the F53 motor hump as a dining table. That is the 2006 motor hump, don't know about other years.

The top was a little too large, 2' x 4' and also ugly so I made a wood top cut down to the limits of the hardware, 47" x 20". This required cutting the two tubes on each end. I made a bottom shelf where one side has rotating metal tabs to allow installation.

2007 Tiffin Allegro 28DA
2 REPLIES 2

sjturbo
Explorer
Explorer
Mother of invention! Great idea. Looks great. Goes to show you can make a silk purse from a sows ear:)

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"