Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

can someone explain the Winnebago one pc fibelglass roof and

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
so is this roof glued down ??
And where it wraps over the side does it go OVER the side walls ?? I would assume so otherwise it COULD let water behind the wall
2013 Winnebago Sunstar 26HE
8 REPLIES 8

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
John Wayne wrote:
If you have white roof and side walls use Eternabond tape 4 inch wide on the roof to caps joint and 2 inch wide on the roof to side walls. And you will not have to worry about it for years to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkny6TJaGnA

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
luberhill wrote:
catkins wrote:
We have had three friends and ourselves have issues with the Winnebago roof system on class As. We all four have had to have major repair work done. Two of us are fanatical about getting recaulking done. We had the passenger side roof begin to pull up and away for about an 8-10โ€™ length. It is essential to check the roof every six months? as Winnebago suggests. Loved thre Winnie, roof issues not so much.

How would you catch that I mean what are you looking for ??
And did insurance cover that ?? How old a unit was it ?
Was it in the outer radius or on the flat part and could you have fixed it yourself

There have been photos posted of a large area of roof being blown up while driving on Winnebagos.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have white roof and side walls use Eternabond tape 4 inch wide on the roof to caps joint and 2 inch wide on the roof to side walls. And you will not have to worry about it for years to come.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
catkins wrote:
We have had three friends and ourselves have issues with the Winnebago roof system on class As. We all four have had to have major repair work done. Two of us are fanatical about getting recaulking done. We had the passenger side roof begin to pull up and away for about an 8-10โ€™ length. It is essential to check the roof every six months? as Winnebago suggests. Loved thre Winnie, roof issues not so much.

How would you catch that I mean what are you looking for ??
And did insurance cover that ?? How old a unit was it ?
Was it in the outer radius or on the flat part and could you have fixed it yourself

catkins
Explorer
Explorer

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer

this seems MUCH better and stronger then other RV roofs ive been on

You'll get many differing opinions on here regarding that. The biggest thing is to re-caulk the edge seam every couple years. Mine is 12 years old and just like new, always keep it clean and caulked.

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
blownstang01 wrote:
I wondered the same thing a while back and found this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXGfXl4zO38
Good stuff, the guy also has a series of videos with him replacing one.

WOW great video...answered my ? for sure...I was up on mine cleaning it tonight and I could feel where it " floats " over the radius,,man this seems MUCH better and stronger then other RV roofs ive been on

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
I wondered the same thing a while back and found this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXGfXl4zO38
Good stuff, the guy also has a series of videos with him replacing one.