cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do Florida RV Parks allow campfires

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Do many decent (not cheap and trashy) RV Parks in Florida allow campfires at your site? While researching RV Parks for our future winter location, I can't find any mention of whether campfires are allowed on any of the websites I've looked at. I can't find much of anything in a Google search either. I thought I would post this here rather than sending dozens of emails to the park management people. I hope some of you here would know what the deal is. We're not looking to have a campfire all the time but once a week is something we enjoy. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.
12 REPLIES 12

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
accsys wrote:
Dennis12 wrote:
I think when i find the site i would pick up the phone and call them. DONE

+1,
That's the only way you will know for sure and not get a big surprise when you check in. The closer the sites are to each other, the less likely you can have a fire. Many parks have a community fire pit anyone can use that is away from the actual RV sites.

As I see it if the sites are that close together their is no need to worry about if I can have a fire or not, because I won't be in such a campground to begin with.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
phillyg wrote:
Most do unless there's a no-burn notice in effect. Sometimes you need your own portable fire pit. However, I question the sanity of anyone willingly heating up a campsite in FL.

It gets a bit on the cool side here in North Central Florida during those winter cold snaps that come with the cold fronts. We usually have frost and even a hard freeze once in awhile. I do believe that those freezes even make their way down to SW Florida every once a decade or so, kills the orange trees makes the occupants think they are dying...heh.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Itโ€™s nice to have a campfire in the winter, especially if it lands on a weekend.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most do unless there's a no-burn notice in effect. Sometimes you need your own portable fire pit. However, I question the sanity of anyone willingly heating up a campsite in FL.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis12 wrote:

+1,
That's the only way you will know for sure and not get a big surprise when you check in. The closer the sites are to each other, the less likely you can have a fire. Many parks have a community fire pit anyone can use that is away from the actual RV sites.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis Hoppert

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
No...yes...depends. Ask each park.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
The app rvparky shows a symbol and the label campfires when allowed.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would not totally depend on the price for that, yes the high price ones probably don't have mobile homes. But parks located away from the population centers, well out into the Ocala National Forest will most likely be cheaper too.
Superbumper

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
That's good to know. Even the promo videos I've watched for various RV Parks didn't have fire rings in their videos when showing the campsites. I thought maybe because most snowbirds are older, they don't care for the fires and smoke that comes from them so the Parks are accommodating to them. This research is very time consuming. I talked to a friend of mine who used to be a Police Officer in the Orange City, FL area and he said to be careful because so many parks are a combination trailer park and RV park. They market them as resorts but in reality they are trashy and drug havens. That must be why some Parks charge $350 a month while others charge $750+ per month. The cost being a factor in the type of Park it is as well as the amenities it offers.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Big Katuna wrote:
Most parks do. The higher end less so and rules are not uncommon eg must be in fire ring or in covered ring.

There are burn bans some seasons. This year you need to stack your wood on an air mattress.

Ditto on that and unless there is a drought ongoing, Florida is generally on the soggy side. Not to say that we don't see forest fires but they usually occur during a dry period and aren't the monstrous uncontrolled blazes like they have out west.
Superbumper

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most parks do. The higher end less so and rules are not uncommon eg must be in fire ring or in covered ring.

There are burn bans some seasons. This year you need to stack your wood on an air mattress.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.