cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NOMA Charge Controller (maxsolar) Question UPDATE

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
UPDATE 22 Sep---I got attacked by the robot monster trying to add a reply, so here is the main answer--2 hours in Absorb, then Float. Ran a test today for that.
--------------------

Asking here in case anybody has one. Got this "kit" today on sale, because I a have a job for it, but I can't find out what the charging profile is for the controller.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/noma-100w-solar-panel-kit-0110004p.html#srp

How long does it stay in Absorb?

(No real tech support, customer service clueless, they said it is from www.maxsolar.co.in, but their site has no real info in this controller either. )

http://www.maxsolar.co.in/

It is a typical "eBay" PWM 30a controller, but the three stage charging profile is not described in its manual. Absorb and Float voltages are adjustable, which is good.

I want to know how long it stays in Absorb whatever the Vabs is set at before it drops to Float, whatever that is set at. I can find out by doing a test, but it is a pain to set up the test and takes time, so am hoping somebody here might happen to know. Thanks.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.
3 REPLIES 3

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ran a test and it got the battery to my set 14.5 and said Absorb. Held 14.5 for two hours and dropped to my set Float 13.7. OK, same profile EP Solar uses with that two hours in Absorb.

Ha! I snuck that past the robot monster! ๐Ÿ˜ž
Photo in Profile

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
Hi BFL13,

That's actually not a bad price--thanks for posting it.

Yes they usually have the 100w on sale for around $200. A real solar shop here has their regular price for a 100w at $190. How CanTire can sell any for 4 or 500 regular is just amazing. People don't have a clue.

So 150 with a controller thrown in is very good indeed. I think the controller would go for about $20 on eBay. It seems ok though. Has two adjustable voltages and has good terminals for the wires (#8 fits)

Weird not to get the controller's charging profile in the manual, just how to set the voltages, etc.
Photo in Profile

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi BFL13,

That's actually not a bad price--thanks for posting it.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.