cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Splendide WDC7100xc ventless

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
We have used a Splendide 2000 vented in the past and it worked well.
Looking at a good deal on a Splendide 7100 but it is ventless.
Should I be concerned about the ventless? It gets good reviews on camping world but I would like to hear from this site please.
7 REPLIES 7

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours works very well. What most people don't understand, is when they over load them, they do not work as expected. You they would read the owner's manual, it states it has a 15 pound wash capacity, while only having a 10 pound drying capacity. We have had ours for 3 years now, and have learned how much you should load for it to successfully get them quite dry. Bath towels and bedding included.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
kmb1966 wrote:
We have used a Splendide 2000 vented in the past and it worked well.
Looking at a good deal on a Splendide 7100 but it is ventless.
Should I be concerned about the ventless? It gets good reviews on camping world but I would like to hear from this site please.

YES, you should be concerned! Do NOT go ventless. It's totally different and it really does not work well or efficiently (if at all). The ONLY complaints I have seen about a Splendide combo are from owners of the ventless units.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Ventless requires the use of water.
A close friend in Yuma, is a repair person for them.
He has taken over for Chris
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
If you can rent or borrow one, a big hole saw is the preferred method. Scary, but easy to do. I went inside, drilled a small hole and probed the wall looking for anything blocking it. Once I was satisfied I drilled thru. Went outside, taped a big area, and using a hole saw cut thru.

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
Well that explains the good price and why they may getting rid of it. We will pass on this 'deal' and
go with the VENTED instead, especially since there is already a sticker on the motorhome wall that shows where to drill vent hole. Thank you!
Expect a question from me to be posted in the future regarding DRILLING THIS VENT HOLE!!!

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Ventless are horrible. Good deal only if you like damp clothes. Keep your vented.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The only good reviews would be from people that like moist clothes after the drying process has completed. We refused installing Ventless Splendides over 16 years ago after we had to buy back the first 2 we installed after the customers complained that they would NOT get the clothes COMPLETLY DRY. The plain fact is, Ventless dryers cannot be guaranteed to get your clothes fully dry. I would never own one. Doug