Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Dinghy Towing: Skirt or Bra or More?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> Skirt or Bra or More?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/18 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved to Dinghy Towing forum from Towing.

MRUSA

Wellington, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/18 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rockhillmanor wrote:

Been dragging my toad around for 4 years and not one scratch or dent. Just lucky I guess.

That said the bras for cars do nothing more than rub the paint off. rip and then start flapping in the wind. Been there done that on the first sports car I owned. [emoticon]

The rock guards that just cover the nose of the toad still allows rocks to fly over it from the MH.

There is a sling type rock guard that attaches to the RV and then to the toad everyone here seems to praise about it doing a good job protecting the toad and easy to attach. It doesn't let anything come up from the road.

I can't find the name brand of the good one that everyone likes.
Maybe some one can chime in with the brand name of it.

Here is a similar picture of how it works.
[image]

That is a http://protectatow.tripod.com/Protect-A-Tow, I have one and it works well.

Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor

Winnipeg

Los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/18 08:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I made a diy version of the "protect a tow", you can find instructions on line. What a waste of time and money. It was much too flimsy. It went in the trash with zero miles on it.

We also tried a hard rubber flap at the back of the motor home. It was too low and did major damage to the Jeep. I still like this option, but you have to keep it way up off the road.

We applied some clear, spray-on film on the fenders. It seams to work, but it is a pain to remove and left on is not much better than looking at a few stone chips.

When we know the roadsare going to be bad, we use a bra. It's a pain trying to keep dirt away from the paint, and you cannot leave it on (scratches), but you sometimes have to choose one damage over another.

whemme

Spencer, IA

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/18 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Instead of a bra, just buy some sandpaper and use it to scratch the paint and the windshield on the front of your toad. You will get the same result but you can buy the sandpaper for a lot less than a bra.

I use a 1/4 in thick plexiglass shield that mounts vertically in front of my toad on my Blue Ox tow bar.

2002 Born Free 26' RSB Motorcoach
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS Toad

Ralph Cramden

Not on this rag of a forum

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/18 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Skirt?.....yes. A short one.
Bra?......hell no!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> Skirt or Bra or More?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS