cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ceiling Stain Removal

F4Jock
Explorer
Explorer
We have a very light cream or off white ceiling headliner. It is very carpet like. We had a fairly large area of staining in the bedroom by the air conditioner duct and a smaller one up front. After fixing the duct and the front air conditioner drain, removing the stain was really becoming a project. No matter what we tried it didn't seem to work. Rummaging around in the garage I found some InVinceable that we had gotten at the fair last year. Yes, it's the same stuff that they advertise on As Seen On TV.

I figured what the heck, we had it, no loss but I wasn't really expecting very much from it. Much to my surprise the stuff worked, even though I messed up and didn't mix it to its highest strength. I sprayed it on, rubbed it in with a paper towel and away went the stain. For a couple of the really bad areas I had to do it twice but it actually worked! I was absolutely amazed! For the stain up front I used the brush provided with one of the failed concoctions that I had purchased to make sure that it got into every nook and cranny of the carpet-like ceiling. It did that one too!

The only drawback with the stuff is that it is only good for about 4 hours before it loses its potency. Since I did not have lots of things to do other places I poured the rest in with a load of laundry.

As I said above, I am extremely surprised by the efficacy of this stuff. If you can get it I recommend that you give it a shot. Remember, you may have to use it twice on some of the worst stains and be sure to make plans to use it all.
Patti, Jack, our GSD Gunner the Wonder Dog and our multtude of cats.
1998 National Tropi-Cal on a 1997 Ford F53 chassis with 460 Ford power.
7 REPLIES 7

macjom
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Folex. It can remove stains on the ceiling, carpet and other upholstery.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
The Clorox website suggests spraying it with a solution of 10% clorox and 90% water.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Ditto on the Folex! My buddy showed me his ceilings this week and I pulled out the Folex. He has it on order now. The stuff is amazing and simple to use.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the ceiling is covered with that kind of fabric.

I have had great luck with Folex,on my ceilings just spray it on and BLOT don't rub,you will be amazed at how it lifts out the stains.

It may take more than one application but it took out all of my stains.

You can get it at most big box home improvement stores or Amazon check out the reviews and pictures.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a couple of those too - I have tried Oxyclean and it did nothing. Tried ammonia which I know detailers use a lot, still nothing. I'll have to see if I can find any of that and give it a try - thanks.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Oxyclean in a spray bottle

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
Chlorox Clean-Up works great for me