cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need someone knowledgable about Thor rvs 90s

Mrkway
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone. I just joined this forum and it looks like there is a plethora of information available. What I am looking for is a little more specific so Im hoping there are some people familiar with Thor rvs from the 90s. I am about to go look at a 1996 Thor 35' rv with the 7.3l turbo diesel engine with 40k miles. It is being sold by the original owner. It is the only Class A rv I personally have seen with the 7.3l engine as Im assuming it was an expensive upgrade. The problem Im having is that there isny any badging on the rv to signify what model Thor it is. The only signifying is "Xtreme" and it has a similar paint style to later model thor rva. Im thinking it may have been repainted? I will include some pictures of yhe rv. It has hardwood floors, leather seats, couches, etc. Tile countertops, the works. It is the most luxurious 90s rv Ive seen in our price range.

If anyone has any information regarding what model this rv is or if it's a custom ordered rv? It would be most appreciated.
14 REPLIES 14

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
The add shows an LP powered generator. That would be a major drawback for me. LP costs more than diesel, is harder to get filled and generally has a much smaller tank. One hot day away from a 50 amp plug in and you will probably be looking for a propane refill. And that includes traveling as you will probably need the generator to run the roof air, dash air alone just doesn't meet the need on a hot day.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
That rig looks like it has delamination issues - if so I would take a pass.
Kevin

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
tderonne wrote:

Looks like a Residency.

This one has a Cummins. That one probably does too.

Strongly suspect this is BOGUS/SCAM.

Here is a current (reposted this morning) Craigslist ad for that coach for $6,500 in Houston, TX:

https://houston.craigslist.org/rvs/d/1994/6704213734.html
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
MrkWay.

1. Click the link below.
2. Drag your photo to the link. or click 'Select', find your photo and cut and paste.
3. Cut and paste the info that appears into your post.
You don't have to resize it or do anything to it. It's done for you.

Here's the link... Photo Posting

BTW If you don't know how to cut and paste. Highlight the link/photo/whatever and press Ctrl C on your keyboard. Go to where you want it to appear and hit Ctrl V ....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

tderonne
Explorer
Explorer

Looks like a Residency.

This one has a Cummins. That one probably does too.
Tim

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 31Y
Ford chassis

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
You haven’t got the picture thing yet.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Mrkway
Explorer
Explorer
[img][/img]

Mrkway
Explorer
Explorer
[img][/img]

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
It may be on the lower end price wise, but it’s on the OLD side for sure. Even with maintenance records be very careful and very sure.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Mrkway wrote:
Im actually feeling a little silly, Im not sure how to upload photos on this website?

Try this
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just test the appliance etc when you go to look at it. We have an 18 yr old coach that we bought when 10 yrs old and we have had no problem with any of the appliances except replacing a couple of circuit boards and a thermostat. The older appliances last a whole lot longer than any of the new stuff.

Mrkway
Explorer
Explorer
They are asking $7,500, on the lower end of the diesel pushers that we have been looking at. My wife and I recently sold our 87 Toyota sunrader 21' motorhome to buy a Class A. We are wanting to spend 2-3months next year traveling the country so are looking for fully self contained models. This one has a washer/dryer, full bathroom, oven and microwave, etc. To specifically asked if all the appliances, water systems, heat and a/c, worked and they said yes. Unfortunately in my experience with car sales, people's word is only as good as far as you can throw them!

Initially we were/are looking for a 90s class a with either the 12v or 24v (depending on the year) 5.9l cummins engine paired with the allison transmission.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
What are they asking for it?
90s RVs regardless of condition are simply not worth much, so be very careful. Engine and drive drain may be great, but you have a whole house worth of appliances that my need replacing. That could add up in a real hurry.

Mrkway
Explorer
Explorer
Im actually feeling a little silly, Im not sure how to upload photos on this website?